STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1.) Snow & Rocks HD was removed because VANILLA HD looks better, right? Well Rocks was overwritten by AOF Detailed Mountains (now improved vanilla rocks hd) anyway. As for the snow portion, removing that leaves us with the snow textures from Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, not Vanilla, right?

2.) Under the changelog removals:

"Install-Order Changes

Realistic Smoke & Embers moved to Section F below No Stretching"

This should be changed since No Stretching was removed.

2 things:

1.) Snow & Rocks HD was removed because VANILLA HD looks better, right? Well Rocks was overwritten by AOF Detailed Mountains (now improved vanilla rocks hd) anyway. As for the snow portion, removing that leaves us with the snow textures from Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, not Vanilla, right?

2.) Under the changelog removals:

"Install-Order Changes

Realistic Smoke & Embers moved to Section F below No Stretching"

This should be changed since No Stretching was removed.

1) Conflicts/overwrite information can be found in the Conflicts tab in WB or by right-clicking on the mod in MO, choosing "Information" and selecting the "Conflicts" tab. As for S&R's removal, that mod was mainly used for it's meshes which we determined the HRDLCs were just as good and even looked better in some places; thus, S&R was removed.

2) Fixed.

Sorry to post again but I found something else interesting

In STEP 2.2.7 (and previous versions), Under 'Skyrim.ini Tweaks', it says to put fDecalLifetime=512.0 for Enhanced Blood Textures

If you open the dD - Enhanced Blood Main.ini which is included with the mod, fDecalLifetime is set to 256, not 512.

Does this/would this create a conflict?

I'm asking because I have been having freezing and am suspicious that it might be caused by Enhanced Blood Textures.

In STEP 2.2.7 (and previous versions), Under 'Skyrim.ini Tweaks', it says to put fDecalLifetime=512.0 for Enhanced Blood Textures

If you open the dD - Enhanced Blood Main.ini which is included with the mod, fDecalLifetime is set to 256, not 512.

I'm asking because I have been having freezing and am suspicious that it might be caused by Enhanced Blood Textures.

I think that EBT INI just overrides the Skyrim.ini setting since it is loaded with the plugin (I assume). There should not be any problem but for the fact that EBT scripting can contribute to freezing and CTDs.

We should not be using this INI tweak in the guide, I'd say.

I think that EBT INI just overrides the Skyrim.ini setting since it is loaded with the plugin (I assume). There should not be any problem but for the fact that EBT scripting can contribute to freezing and CTDs.

We should not be using this INI tweak in the guide, I'd say.

You should just remove it then since we already removed the iMaxDecalsPerFrame=256 tweak in SkyrimPrefs.ini. It's just kinda confusing, that's all :-/.

If it looks the same, taste the same, and have the same squik sound when you step on it... then I see no problem with it.

Only issue I ever had with the mod was that if you do not also use a high res rock texture then it looks REALLY out of place.