Skyrim Immersive Creatures (by lifestorock)

phazer11

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This and lore friendly monster mod made me kinda think back to all the crazy stuff roaming around in other TES games. It is almost like Skyrim is the game that wasn't lore friendly to TES lore by leaving a lot of this stuff out.

Anyways, use this with SkyTest, New Dragons, Immersive Patrols, and AV to have some really crazy times in the open world.

This and lore friendly monster mod made me kinda think back to all the crazy stuff roaming around in other TES games. It is almost like Skyrim is the game that wasn't lore friendly to TES lore by leaving a lot of this stuff out.

Anyways, use this with SkyTest, New Dragons, Immersive Patrols, and AV to have some really crazy times in the open world.

And Rootsrat wonders why people are being (in my opinion) facicious (and part serious) in the Packs sticky.

youtoo Wrote

STEP: Hardcore: Add as many mods that spawn more and harder creatures as possible. Throw everthing, but the kitchen sink at you. Include SkyRE, ASIS, SkyTest, More Bandits, high level enemies, as many mods that have invasions as possible. Throw in all the survival mods as well.

Then to balance it. Add mods to allow more followers.

I think we actually need to create a mod to make this work. It is too hard to tell who is on your side and who is the enemy when you fight in crowds. So you end up kiling guys on your side. If you attack a guard he attacks you. So you need something that has a targeting system and makes it easier to see who is on your side and who is not.

So I found this gem of a mod this morning and wanted to test its stability.

To my surprise, after playing for 5 hours straight this evening, I found that this mod did not crash on me during my lengthy playthrough.

I just want to inform the community that this mod does not cause any CTD by itself.

I have done some extensive testing in different fps heavy regions, such as

A. The Tundra outside of Whiterun

B. The Heavy forest outside of Rifeten

C. The Mountains near Winterhold.

If by any chance you are getting CTD, its probably these issues

1. Hardware (vram issue, driver installed improperly, etc)

2. Mod Conflict

3. Using too many script heavy mods. ( Skyrim was never meant to support 5-10 heavy scripted mods running at once)

@EssArrBee

I know your joking about using all those mods together, but for the people who didnt see through this sarcasm, DO NOT use all those mods together.

Maybe use two max, unless you want a non stable game. (which for me is no ctd)

The keyword there is few crashes.

Like many of us on STEP, we strive to make our games CTD free as much as possible.

Also adding immersive patrol or monster mod, doesnt seem necessary as this mod already handles new lore friendly enemies, and adds new spawning enemies/NPC on the road like immersive patrol.

And dont get me started with Skyrealistic (one of my formerly most loved Mod)

So I found this gem of a mod this morning and wanted to test its stability.

To my surprise, after playing for 5 hours straight this evening, I found that this mod did not crash on me during my lengthy playthrough.

I just want to inform the community that this mod does not cause any CTD by itself.

I have done some extensive testing in different fps heavy regions, such as

A. The Tundra outside of Whiterun

B. The Heavy forest outside of Rifeten

C. The Mountains near Winterhold.

If by any chance you are getting CTD, its probably these issues

1. Hardware (vram issue, driver installed improperly, etc)

2. Mod Conflict

3. Using too many script heavy mods. ( Skyrim was never meant to support 5-10 heavy scripted mods running at once)

@EssArrBee

I know your joking about using all those mods together, but for the people who didnt see through this sarcasm, DO NOT use all those mods together.

Maybe use two max, unless you want a non stable game. (which for me is no ctd)

Depending on which mods you mean I'd check the original Skyrim Revisited guide and TES5Edit them per Neo's instructions which would help dramatically.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting conversation with the mod author (lifestorock) with regards to ctds/freezes due to worldspace/cell edits. He says he and his testing team cannot find any reproducable issue with SIC worldspace/cell edits (nor when combined with SkyTEST, see below). Nevertheless, as many here are very much aware of, a Skyrim loaded up with texture packs and gameplay mods can in quite a number of cases become particularly unstable when spawns are added to the mix.

While one can currently use the MCM menu to individually toggle off about 80% of worldspace/cell edits done by the mod, he said to me that he will know implement a collective toggle that disables any and all worldspace edits, as of version 7.0. Yay! Now SIC will stay in my mod list forever :)

Putting some quotes here for your reference:

I also highly doubt that the worldpace / cell edits have any impact on CTDs. Even if two mods alter the same place, they can work together quite nice. Take Prometheus's Conan Hyborian Age mod and SIC. In v2.6 both mods add a book to the same table, he added his dungeon entrance directly behind 3 SIC ambush and 1 placed Undead encounter... works well without CTD. Watch Gopher's vids about it.

I will implement a toggle for the Skeleton ambush encounter in v7 and also a collective toggle that disables all worldspace / cell changing features. This is an acceptable solution, you and other users with such a wish would be able to disable the stuff very quickly without fiddling with 10 or more toggles. I'm not a fan of thousands of optional esp files to cater every wish (the main reason I implemented a MCM :laugh: )

Lifestorock also pointed me to a post he recently made on the SkyTEST forum, with regards to compatibilities between the 2 mods and with regards to false beliefs that some users hold:

Compatibility:

Both mods work together very well. There is no need to use Wrye Bash. SkyTest only alters vanilla animal death item list and no creature level list at all.

General mod overlaps aren't present either. SIC doesn't alter normal vanilla npcs, factions, ai packages or races. SIC wildlife animals are templated on their vanilla variants to adopt the changes SkyTest performs.

The only real overlaps are present world or cell edits performed by both mods. But jackstarr (SIC contributor) and 3 other SIC beta testers haven't found any issues while using both mods. Just behaviour issues that were solved in SIC v6RC (introduced templating).

Why do some users encounter issues like CTDs or Freezes:

This can have two reasons: a) overstressing the Skyrim engine with too many mods b) overstressing your gaming rig with too many mods.

Skyrim is a 32bit application and has its limits. After the latest patch several engine related changes were performed. That leaded to certain limitations like the 3.1gb crash or the lip sync bug. Some authors guess the reason is the PS3 version and their past DLC issue.

Many user think they can add every mod to their game as they want to. They don't care about the resources a mod takes. SkyTest doesn't use scripts, but it stresses the engine with highly complex AI packages and many NPCs at the same spot. SIC stresses the engine with more comprehensive models, textures and additional scripts. How well both mods work together depends mainly on the resources they have to perform. If your system suffers a low FPS and struggles running the game at all, it has an effect on mods and the rate they cause a CTD or freeze.

That's the reason why every few weeks a user shows up and claims the mod causes CTDs. It's the kind of CTD the author is never able to reproduce.

Quote response:

"Wyre Bash works but if you enable papyrus to record logs you will see in your log post crash a bajillion instances of delev/relev, enable/disable loops and freezing/thawing loops."

The papyrus log shows nothing but a script issues your game produces. If an error is displayed, the script was already executed and didn't induce the CTD / freeze. The log doesn't give a hint on the source of your freeze / CTD.

"The problem is that SIC and SkyTEST overwrite SO MUCH of the same content that no matter how much fandangling you do with your load order you will have an issue."

Simply wrong. Both mods don't overwrite anything from eachother.

"It doesn't help I am using Immersive Patrols which also overwrites much of the same behavior."

Dude you are a real source of false information. Immersive patrols also doesn't overwrite anything. Neither content from SIC nor content from SkyTest.

• 1 month later...

Is there no thread on SIC v6.x? Can't find any.

Anyways, I wanted to report here that I had massive stability improvements with SIC v6 by:

1) Removing all the worldspace edits and additions (i.e. the entire folder) of both the .esp's

2) Disabling the random cell spawner in MCM

3) Disabling all additional spawns in MCM

However, SIC adds 90% of the mobs to Leveled NPC lists. Therefore, when making the bashed patch you will still encounter almost all awesome SIC creatures but you will not have to deal with the instability factor of additional cell spawns and general spawn time adjustments. Works really well and this has resulted in this mod being re-incorporated in my basic mod list.

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but that seems to be a very nice idea for me to try. I really want to use SIC, but in the past, my game struggled to keep up with the additional spawns.

Registered just to tack on to Nearox, Sacralletious, and Irregulator have been mentioning about worldspace edits. As a preface, I haven't yet tried STEP, but use a mish-mash of it's mods and GEMS to provide my setup. I have been using the Immersive Patrols, Immersive Creatures, OBIS, and the Populated Roads and Cities mod collection. I know I shouldn't have gone over the 2-3 mod spawn limit, but I think I've finally found a stable build using this worldspace tweak. But by deleting the worldspace edits that Immersive Creatures adds directly from the esp files using TES5Edit, I've hopefully built a less crashing setup. I originally couldn't go an exterior cell or two without a CTD, and now, running the short distance from outside Whiterun to its doors have not caused a crash, and Papyrus logs are at tiny amount of around 75KB. Finally going to start playing and see where this takes me :D

I hope this actual account helps others until v7 comes out.

EDIT: Playing with the worldspaces removed from SIC gives me a good hour or more of playtime until any glitches start to arise, specifically when accessing menus. Graphical glitches start to show up, but Skyrim Performance Monitor shows the game holding steady. Did not have a crash but had to kill the game from the Task Manager. I'll be turning on logging to see if it shows me anything. Also, I have invisible weapons, possibly from Immersive Weapons, but that's another problem for another day.

EDIT: Immersive Creatures was still crashing after worldspace edits. It just looks like I'll need to pare down my spawning mods to alleviate this mess. Checking now to see if it works without the mod. Also, I get graphical corruption on menus when SIC is installed: https://imgur.com/BYNIPb5,pvYIp3a#0

• 5 weeks later...

Registered just to tack on to Nearox, Sacralletious, and Irregulator have been mentioning about worldspace edits. As a preface, I haven't yet tried STEP, but use a mish-mash of it's mods and GEMS to provide my setup. I have been using the Immersive Patrols, Immersive Creatures, OBIS, and the Populated Roads and Cities mod collection. I know I shouldn't have gone over the 2-3 mod spawn limit, but I think I've finally found a stable build using this worldspace tweak. But by deleting the worldspace edits that Immersive Creatures adds directly from the esp files using TES5Edit, I've hopefully built a less crashing setup. I originally couldn't go an exterior cell or two without a CTD, and now, running the short distance from outside Whiterun to its doors have not caused a crash, and Papyrus logs are at tiny amount of around 75KB. Finally going to start playing and see where this takes me :D

I hope this actual account helps others until v7 comes out.

EDIT: Playing with the worldspaces removed from SIC gives me a good hour or more of playtime until any glitches start to arise, specifically when accessing menus. Graphical glitches start to show up, but Skyrim Performance Monitor shows the game holding steady. Did not have a crash but had to kill the game from the Task Manager. I'll be turning on logging to see if it shows me anything. Also, I have invisible weapons, possibly from Immersive Weapons, but that's another problem for another day.

EDIT: Immersive Creatures was still crashing after worldspace edits. It just looks like I'll need to pare down my spawning mods to alleviate this mess. Checking now to see if it works without the mod. Also, I get graphical corruption on menus when SIC is installed: https://imgur.com/BYNIPb5,pvYIp3a#0

Are you by chance using Safety Load? I ask because this is this SKSE .dll plugin is the only mod that I've seen with reports of graphical glitches in the menus - in fact I've seen them myself in my game when using an earlier version of the mod.

If so, then you may want to do your stability tests without Safety Load, because it's best used as something of a last resort (or when you don't want to give up anything in your mods lineup, or can't, due to attachment to your current play through character.)

SIC 6.5 was released a few days ago, and although I can't compare the MCM Menus to the previous 6.1.3 version (I've already upgraded), I see that in 6.5 there seems to be three menus with settings for non-Vanilla spawns: Additional Spawns, Night Spawns & Random Events.

In all three of these menus, you can turn everything off.

Presumably, in tandem with a bash patch, this would allow you to experience SIC's creatures without any additional placed, random or special spawns, and hopefully avoid having to make any changes to SIC's .esp plugins.

I'm going to check if this is correct by asking lifestorock in the SIC comments page, and will report back here after he replies.

However, as a final note, I want to say that I would not stop using the Random Cell Respawner feature.

This feature actually does not add any additional spawns. It just adds an element of randomness to the length of time that needs to pass before the Skyrim engine does it's normal interior / exterior cell resets (which respawns any spawn points.) Normally the time is 10 in-game days to reset an unvisited exterior cell, and 30 days to reset an cleared interior cell. The Random Cell Respawner adds/subtracts a random amount of time for every reset, which makes things a little more unpredictable and interesting.

I'm not sure if Nearox was referring to the Random Events feature or the Random Cell Respawner feature when he said "3) Disabling all additional spawns in MCM", but I have to assume he meant the Random Events feature.