Skyrim Immersive Creatures (by lifestorock)

phazer11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to back up keithinhanoi's point - the random cell respawner doesn't add any additional spawns - it just randomizes when the cells do respawn.

It's likely to be a few months before we can get v7 ready...I've written a few new in-game books to help integrate the SIC creatures in a lore-friendly manner, and am working on an optional plug-in for SIC that adds some new goblin caves to the gameworld - it's a separate and completely optional file, so if you're concerned about worldspace changes you don't need to use it. However, it's only really adding a few cave entrances (the usual thin black slit) to existing rocky areas in out-of-the-way areas untouched by other mods, so hopefully there's nothing to conflict with STEP!

I think it is worth mentioning that the authors of SIC made a fantastic patch for HLE. This is not an ordinary compatibility patch, it does so much more.

Best part is that it makes the HLE added creatures (which are only added in the game via leveled lists, not spawns) controllable and configurable via the SIC MCM menu. Also they now use the great SIC spells & perks instead of the default/HLE ones. This results in  a more difficult and variable game which we are able to balance the way we like it.

I think quite a few people have missed this because it hasn't been flagged as an update to SIC so it wouldn't have shown up in your nexus tracker.

Link to SIC-HLE Edition

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

-- Unscaled --

Requires: DLC Dawnguard, DLC Dragonborn and both SIC ESPs

Changes:

- merged High Level Enemies.esp, High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp & High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp into one plugin file

- made the new main esp and the Falskaar optional esp dependent on Skyrim Immersive Creatures

- removed all Draugr, Falmer and Skeleton related records (NPC + level lists)

- removed HLE perks & spells

- made all HLE NPCs use the SIC spells & perks instead of the deleted HLE variants

- => HLE NPCs are now controlled via SIC MCM Difficulty settings

- carried forward SIC level list changes

New Loadorder:

1. Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

2. Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

3. High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

4. High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp

Info: Bash Tags are embedded into the ESPs. No Need to set them manually.

This makes using HLE with any mod setup basically a no-brainer to me.

• 3 weeks later...

New version of SIC out. Lots of features including carrying forward the recent USKP changes.

Version v6.5.2

- added low level variants of Daedra Worshipper

- added new unique Daedra summon staffs (carried by worshippers)

- Dwarven Mechanical Dragons now have a 50% spawn chance

- added several Dragon Marker at Dwemer Ruins -> no more perma flying Dragons and more dynamic fights

- exchanged some Draman shouts with their Draman variants

- raised general Draman shout cooldown ( + 5-15 sec. depends on shout type)

- added Storm Call shout to high level Draman Bosses

- fixed a bug that causes disabled Draman bosses to respawn after loading a savegame

- revamped additional spawn script -> controllable max spawn amount (1-3) / lowered general chance to get three additional actors to 20%

- wolves will know only get additional spawns fitting their fur color: black / grey, red, brown / timber and snow / ice

- repositioned the swords on Imperial & Stormcloack saddles

- added MCM option to stop NPC potion distribution (ASIS compatibility)

- added MCM option to raise the slider value range for cell options (Requiem compatibility)

- fixed a bug that prevents applying user set cell values if the random respawner is set to Deactivated

- fixed a bug that made Steel Plate and Stormcloak Helmets invisible

- added wearable variant of the wingless Steel Plate Helmet & hornless Iron Helmet

- adjusted several SIC event conditions

- altered kill handling of the Cliffracer script and implemented the USKP solution to prevent save bloat

- fixed big collision of Cliffracers

- implemented several script improvements from the upcoming unofficial patches update

- carried forward misc changes from the upcoming unofficial patches update

Just a question for anyone using ASIS or know about it. Does the ASIS patcher recognize the High level enemies SIC edition esp because i know ASIS patcher recognizes the regular  esp from High Level Enemies but since Skyrim Immersive Creatures makes it own esp by merging all the high level enemy esps does ASIS still recognize it. Thats the only thing stopping me from downloading Skyrim Immersive Creatures as well as High Level Enemies SIC edition. I currently use regular High Level Enemies, ASIS, Enemy AI Overhaul Revenge of the Enemies. I really want to try out Skyrim Immersive Creatures :(

Well SIC does many of the things ASIS does... In a much more sophisticated and configurable fashion. Random spanws, random cell respawner, NPCs use potions, have different/unique spells etc. I'd personally do away with ASIS and use SIC instead. Moreover SIC is generally found to be stable while ASIS has/had been known to cause issues. 

Alright i understand that but ASIS incorporates the new perks that are added my mods such as sperg, and what about Organized Bandits in Skyrim, ASIS patchers includes that and compatiblizes it (if thats a word) with ASIS's own npc system to make the new bandits even harder. If SIC can do that ill more than happily switch over 

• 1 month later...

So, I couldn't seem to find this issue anywhere else on the internet (yes, internet), but I'm running into a bit of a....difficulty problem.  If anyone here could shed some light on it, I'd greatly appreciate it (warning:  incoming wall of text, TL;DR at the end).

I'm currently doing a playthrough with SkyRe (without the enemy scaling module #6), Skyrim Immersive Creatures, High Level Enemies (SIC edition), and Revenge of the Enemies. I followed the installation recommendations listed by Nearox for his (now-outdated and defunct) VEGA pack, including the forum posts on using the SIC-versions of HLE, and due to that, I'm getting all of the wonderful additional creatures.  

That's sadly where the wonderfulness ends.  I'm currently level 70 (light-armor, archer/dual-wielding swords, no magic) and am running into a bit of a problem when tomb-delving: Draugr Guardians. They've all have powerful shouts (less so now that I've got the SIC-HLE-RotE compatibility set up correctly), a RIDICULOUS amount of health and armor, and usually all Ebony weapons, which is all well and good.  

However, the main issue is the fact that, regardless of weapon or arrow type, any direct hit from a single one of them kills me IMMEDIATELY, in one hit, regardless of my health levels.  That includes an arrow from miles away through a swath of other fights, or a single axe swing that isn't properly blocked. I've got ~600 armor (which is supposed to offer about 60% damage reduction in SkyRe) and ~450 health....nothing in the game should be doing that much damage in a single attack.   Even Elder/Revered dragons don't kill me in a single bite or swipe of the tail, and that's with Deadly Dragons set to Expert.

Guardians also take very little damage from any of my weapons (usually takes 5-10 dual-wield power attacks from either my heavily-enchanted 120+ dmg dragonsteel swords, 100+ dmg refined silver axes, or about 30 arrows from my 200+ damage shortbow), which I would be mostly fine with if I didn't get one-shot by a single weapon attack.  Magic/shouts are nicely balanced (especially since I'm sporting about 60% magic resist), but weapon attacks are just plain unfair.

Am I just doing something wrong, or is there some setting I need to tweak in order to make it more....fair?  I don't mind a tough fight, but getting one-shot by what is now a common mob (I rarely ever see anything but guardians and immortals now) makes cave-delving ridiculously frustrating and reload-heavy due to the massively unfair damage output these draugr guardians are piling on my poor, supposedly battle-hardened Redguard.

Note:  before recently, I had SIC, HLE, and RotE installed WITH the enemy scaling module from SkyRe, and it was definitely more fair.  I didn't have the SIC-version of HLE installed, and only just yesterday switched over to the SIC version, and dropped the enemy-scaling module from SkyRe (per Nearox's instruction on the VEGA pack instructions on the forums).  Could it be an issue with the old version (unscaled) messing with the newly scaled version that integrates with SIC?  Do I just need to do some cell-reloading and hope for the best, or do I need to tune down the global difficulty for SIC?

Also, should I make a separate post in the general forum for this?  I just figured since it has to do with SIC, I'd post it here.

TL;DR - Draugr guardians (now the most common draugr I encounter) are one-shotting my level 70 character with any sort of weapon combination, including a single arrow. What do I need to tweak in order to make it more fair? Playing with SkyRe, SIC, HLE, & RotE.  

Edited by tregolani