Skyrim Immersive Creatures (by lifestorock)

phazer11

The only other mod I'm using that plays with leveled lists of creatures is High Level Enemies, but it's the SIC version that's made by the SIC authors that I am using.

Maybe this is the problem with that:

If you go into "Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp", under "Leveled NPC", and look at "_00LCharBear", for example (there are other areas too that do the same thing, but not all of them).  Look at the "Leveled List Entries".  It shows the different level bears, but all of them say level 1!  So they are supposed to all appear at PC level 1?  Why?  Then if you look at the "NPC (Actor)"s being referenced to, all of them have "0" for "Calc min level".  I don't see anything in there that actually figures out what level the player is at in order to generate an appropriate leveled opponent.  Some creatures are different though... example - Giant Berserkers, Minotaurs... those do seem to have a Calc Min Level of 10; or in the "Leveled NPC" lists - "_00LCharAtronach", which seems to have the different types of atronachs tiered.

I'm confused what's going on here, because it looks like it doesn't consider the player's level at all for a bunch of these creature spawns.  And some of the possibilities are insanely high, not just a bit of a challenge.

EDIT: Maybe it's meant to do that - to delevel certain areas of the game or something.  I don't know.  If it's actually meant to do that because it makes the game more exciting and causes the player to have to decide when to fight and when to run, then I'm OK with it.  I just don't want to be getting results that are not as intended.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skin color and attack data for regular and cave bears was reversed in the vanilla game.  It's something that's been corrected by the Unofficial Patch, but if SIC used the vanilla records as the base for the new variants, then it is probably using the original vanilla data.

Reading the posts from this mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D24913%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D796633&pUp=1

I'd say it may be dead as the original author no longer works on it. Seems a lot of people are having problems as well.

Does anyone know an alternative that's lore friendly and continually updated?

SIC is a pretty damned sick mod.  The lore-friendly purist option adds so many really nice things to the game, while keeping it true to the TES game universe.  NPCs using potions, goblins, huge variety of creature variants (skeletons), NPCs using more powerful spells, random spawns, special spawn events, HLE integrated so that you get challenging enemies throughout play as you level up, etc.  I wouldn't want to play without it, because I also agree that I have yet to see anything that compares at quite the same level.

If I don't get a response soon about the bear varieties situation, or if I see no activity by the SIC team, I may have to end up making my own patch for it.  I've been holding off because I thought "why not have the mod authors fix it on their end, so that everyone gets the fix instead of just me?"

Edited by oqhansoloqo

SIC is a pretty damned sick mod.  The lore-friendly purist option adds so many really nice things to the game, while keeping it true to the TES game universe.  NPCs using potions, goblins, huge variety of creature variants (skeletons), NPCs using more powerful spells, random spawns, special spawn events, HLE integrated so that you get challenging enemies throughout play as you level up, etc.  I wouldn't want to play without it, because I also agree that I have yet to see anything that compares at quite the same level.

If I don't get a response soon about the bear varieties situation, or if I see no activity by the SIC team, I may have to end up making my own patch for it.  I've been holding off because I thought "why not have the mod authors fix it on their end, so that everyone gets the fix instead of just me?"

Er will you share the love around please?....if you do go ahead and make a fix. I agree, this mod looks awesome and really want in my new play through with STEP extended and REGS and other hardcore mods for combat and slower levelling.

Well, considering that supposedly SIC is not dead yet, I may wait until they fix it themselves.  Unfortunately, considering how long it's taking v7 to come out (and it's been talked about for a long time) and I'm getting more impatient every day, I might end up fixing it myself.  I'll post here if I end up doing it.

What's a shame though, is that some other mods and popular mods went in a completely different direction with the bear/cave bear issue.  Namely SkyTEST, and Animal Tweaks.  I think it started with SkyTEST and the idea was absorbed by Animal Tweaks: that cave bears were a mistake by the original programmers... that they were actually meant to be your typical North American "black bear".  So both authors nerfed the cave bear from tougher than a regular bear to weaker than one, and smaller.  The problem is - a "cave bear" is NOT a "black bear".  A cave bear is a cave bear:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_bear

That makes the original design make sense.

Ooooops...  I guess they thought they knew better.  Forget the fact that the game brings back mammoths and sabre cats...  "Naw... what's a cave bear?  That's supposed to be a black bear, damnit!  And I don't mean that it's just supposed to be black-colored.  It's supposed to be an Ursus americanus.  I'm going to change it into one, because that doesn't seem right... I mean, a cave bear?  What?!?  There ain't no such thing as no retarded cave bears.  And those stewwwpid programmers didn't know that a black bear is supposed to be smaller and weaker than a grizzly.  So why don't I make it that way?"  It irks me that those otherwise pretty good mods would do that and end up unbalancing their compatibility with proper NPC leveled lists by going and making that totally unnecessary and illogical change - not to mention screwing with the lore.  Why?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

LOL - those are funny.  Thanks for the laughs. :D

I talked with the author of Animal Tweaks, Crushboss, and after reading about it all he understands and sees what I'm talking about.  He reviewed the USKP changes too.  He's planning on changing them back to cave bears.  I don't know what SkyTEST's plans are though.  :)