AMD Driver AA + ENB?

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

12 answers to this question

Nah man' date=' it says right in the description on the ENB download page. Only pre .119 can do it and those presets suck compared to what we have now. Maybe try the supersampling in ENB, just be warned that it can mess up screenshots, not sure if that matters.[/quote']

I tried the supersampling in the ENB. It killed performance even more than Transparency AA, ha. 

Well' date=' 2x supersampling is like 4x the pixels so it should kill performance. One thing you can do is lower your screen resolution and then use supersampling to try and find a balance.[/quote']

You mean like putting the resolution at half of 1080p and then using supersampling to render at 1080p? 

Supersampling works by sampling pixels from a higher resolution than that of your set resolution and using the extra pixel data to downsample the images to your set resolution with smoother pixel transitions. Supersampling is more performance intensive than multisampling; meaning you'll have a greater performance impact with supersampling than with multisampling.

Supersampling works by sampling pixels from a higher resolution than that of your set resolution and using the extra pixel data to downsample the images to your set resolution with smoother pixel transitions. Supersampling is more performance intensive than multisampling; meaning you'll have a greater performance impact with supersampling than with multisampling.

Yea, I know. I used to use 4x SSAA before ENB 0.119 and below. I miss it :-(. It used to be so sharp. I've found that the SMAA + EdgeAA combination is meh but I guess I really don't have any other choice if I want all the ENB effects.

Yea, I know. I used to use 4x SSAA before ENB 0.119 and below. I miss it :-(. It used to be so sharp. I've found that the SMAA + EdgeAA combination is meh but I guess I really don't have any other choice if I want all the ENB effects.
On my system, AMD 6950, forcing CCC AA settings doesn't effect deferred rendering, however, it also doesn't seem to do anything in game either. Don't know why.

Well, you could use 1280x720 then supersample at 1560x1440 instead. I think there is somewhere in ENB to force resolutions if your monitor supports it. Stop using edgeAA with SMAA and just use SMAA on Ultra and the only ENB AA that should be true is sub pixel AA. EdgeAA is not my flavor or tea so to speak, so I don't use it. SMAA is probably the best MLAA technique, but not the overall best for AA if you have the power. I'd like to see the injector update to the latest SMAA version to see if it is a bit better, maybe one day.

On my system, AMD 6950, forcing CCC AA settings doesn't effect deferred rendering, however, it also doesn't seem to do anything in game either. Don't know why.

Some sort of driver CCC bug then... since if AA is working then ENB will detect it and force shutdown deferred rendering. They require the same resources on the card, so they cannot work together as it is today. 

Well' date=' you could use 1280x720 then supersample at 1560x1440 instead. I think there is somewhere in ENB to force resolutions if your monitor supports it. Stop using edgeAA with SMAA and just use SMAA on Ultra and the only ENB AA that should be true is sub pixel AA. EdgeAA is not my flavor or tea so to speak, so I don't use it. SMAA is probably the best MLAA technique, but not the overall best for AA if you have the power. I'd like to see the injector update to the latest SMAA version to see if it is a bit better, maybe one day.[/quote']

I should turn Edge AA off? Why? SMAA Ultra by itself isn't good enough :-/

On my system' date=' AMD 6950, forcing CCC AA settings doesn't effect deferred rendering, however, it also doesn't seem to do anything in game either. Don't know why.[/quote']

Some sort of driver CCC bug then... since if AA is working then ENB will detect it and force shutdown deferred rendering. They require the same resources on the card, so they cannot work together as it is today. 

In order to force AA from CCC, you have to mirror the settings in the SKyrim Launcher, which obviously will mess up ENB