Unique Grasses - Nature and Landscape Enhancement (by Josh Ezzell)

johnnyboy88

Aiyen, that is a coincidence. I just finished making custom textures from the forestgrass.dds nif.

I have made it so that Vurt textures uses the clover01.nif in landscape/plants. Mindflux's uses forestgrass01.nif in landscape/grass. Then I have made two new textures with the forestgrass01.nif that I have placed on some ground textures. The aspen leaf piles will also use the forestgrass01.nif. -- This is all part of the next update. Give a much more diverse ground covering.

If you would like, you could send me your custom texture and I could quickly make your alpha. If not, that's cool.

Some of those super green plants need to be desaturated by 50% or more before they look okay in vanilla lighting.

Looking forward to it mate. The textures look nice though the only version of those options I like are the the default and bigger and taller (both no-roads versions) though idlly it would not require any mesh edits. 

Thanks phazer. It's a good thing I created options. It sorts out all manner of problems regarding user complaints. I personally like the default and dense (no mesh edits) both with roads.

I do not have any finished composites that look good atm. I only have the individual parts made from various high quality sources around the net. Guess I could show you what I have made, could be useful for ya. It is gonna take a while before I get back to foliage texturing since it does not annoy me so much atm.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like the update got posted awhile ago. I'm really enjoying it.

I did notice some landscape record conflicts with SFO, where they both add new grasses. Is it safe to merge these, or is it recommended not to?

You can merge them. You might have to redistribute some of the grasses to look more natural and not suck down performance.

I am trying to make some time to work on a proper patch that merges both changes together. Hopefully soon.

I use this mod with glorious grass and ultimate lush overhaul and it looks absolutely amazing. The few flaws in this mod are far outweighed by the benefits. Some of the comments on the first page are misleading... very few of the grasses are green. My experience playing several hours with it, they fit in very well and merge quite nicely with the other environments. Its a part of my essential mod list now, just really great stuff.

I use this mod with glorious grass and ultimate lush overhaul and it looks absolutely amazing. The few flaws in this mod are far outweighed by the benefits. Some of the comments on the first page are misleading... very few of the grasses are green. My experience playing several hours with it' date=' they fit in very well and merge quite nicely with the other environments. Its a part of my essential mod list now, just really great stuff.[/quote']

I am glad you noticed. Since version 1, I have changed the actual hue of the grasses to be less green. They fit in so much better now because of that. To be honest, I probably didn't do the 'too much green' factor any favors when I first released the mod. All my orginal images were taken with a version of the texture that were way to green and saturated. All that is the past though. Glad you like it!

The green of grasses is almost always going to be an issue, especially if you use ENB... since most of them boost up the green saturation levels, and/or increase the green though bloom.

And grass can quite quickly become radioactive looking green with even small amounts of bloom. If the base green of the texture is quite high.

I find that this also makes it quite annoying to do grass textures... since you have to make them look bad in the editor so they look good ingame.

But in general then really desaturated grass is the way to go, even for the vanilla post processing. All of their textures are also fairly desaturated.

However I have recently begun taking a look at this mixed with SFO grasses... gonna need to do more testing, but it looks promising!

• 1 month later...

Sweet. Thanks guys. And the esp needs to load after as well I believe, but I think BOSS sorts that correctly. What i AM confused about though is why the author states that you need to make certain changes to the [grass] section in skyrim.ini...but then the mod comes with its own ini with those changes already made. I don't need to make them twice, right? The author says on the description page to make the following changes:

If you are confused, just copy this over your [Grass] section in your Skyrim.ini
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bDrawShaderGrass=1
bGrassPointLighting=1
b30GrassVS=1
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=8
iMinGrassSize=20

But then the .ini file has most of these tweaks so not sure what the point of the .ini file is. 

I have it installed after SFO regular ed. It must override a grass texture set from SFO. Looks very nice!

Are you using the regular density version or the less density? The no roads version? And are you using any of the mindflux optionals? Not sure why he included those. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Are you using the regular density version or the less density? The no roads version? And are you using any of the mindflux optionals? Not sure why he included those. 

I am using the regular-no roads version. I am not "actively" using any of mindflux optionals...yet! I would like to further test them before they make it permanently into my mod list.

Well, I believe he included them as alternative choices. It is a matter of personal preference after all.