2.2.7 Making me Crazy

redfenix117

Question

So I have been using STEP for quite a while now.  I use MO, I now how to use TES5Edit and BOSS.  My system:

Alienware m17x R4

Windows 7 home (service pack 1)

Intel i7-3610QM ~2.3Ghs (pre-boost)

6Gb RAM

DirectX 11

AMD Radeon HD 7970M 

I was running STEP 2.2.3 and decided to come back and have a new play through so I completely re-installed Skyrim vanilla, cleaned the files, tweaked ini's and started downloading the mods according to 2.2.7.  Well now I have a headache, I have been over the list and made sure they are in the correct order four times now. I checked for patches, special install notes and so far it all looks to be in proper working order.  

Note: I always use the LQ options when possible.  Technically I should be able to run almost all recommended settings but I am not super picky and many times I can't tell much of a difference.  

My issues:

SMIM is not adding all the mesh changes that I have selected during install. Namely the 3d ropes. Neither buildings nor docks have them.

My other issue is a general FPS and Lag problem.  I do understand that there could be a million reasons for this so asking for help is difficult to nail down.  Hopefully the two are related.  Specifics:  Outdoors looking a distant objects (i.e. Mountains/flat lands)  I only get 18-45 FPS before I started changing things I was getting upwards of 70 and I limited it to 60 just for smoothness sake.

I know that the FPS is a general issue and make take a while to solve if you have any ideas or suggestions for either of my issues please let me know I can try whatever.

TO THE STEP TEAM:  Thank you for making this guide its a huge help to amateur modders like myself. I love being able to add a little realism and simplicity to my gaming as well as learn some neat technical stuff along the way!!! 

Edit: Spelling

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question