Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (by David Jegutidse)

Neovalen

Patches still working:- All 3 DLC patches.- Civil War Overhaul.- Deadly Spell Impacts.- Dragon Combat Overhaul.Patches that need to be updated:- Improved Combat Sounds.- Enhanced Blood Textures. (Turns out the previously patched records don't matter, but new records are conflicting now)- Realistic Water Two.- Smooth blade draw and Sheathe.- Wet and Cold.I didn't test the others.

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

Lord Korn just posted "The combined versions of michaelrw for dawnguard and dragonborn need to be updated because they contain only old AOS settings.This does not mean there is a huge issue with using the DLCs without patches for now. The incompatibilities are minor in my opinion and should not disrupt the game in a meaningfull way until there is a compatibility patch, but don't take my word for it."

Edited by Octopuss

CJ2311, on 30 Mar 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Patches still working:...- Civil War Overhaul.- Deadly Spell Impacts.- Dragon Combat Overhaul.Patches that need to be updated:- Improved Combat Sounds....- Smooth blade draw and Sheathe...

Pardon, I'm not seeing these patches on the Nexus / AOS files page, should I be looking somewhere else for them? or waiting patiently for them to be created?

@ EssArrBee: way to represent, saw & downloaded several patches of yours there, thanks.

I was initially put off by the need for so many patches & compatibility concerns regarding Audio Overhaul, but after reading the comments about how realistic the archery and other sounds are and realizing (after reading the STEP info) that I can merge the various patches I'm enthusiastically including this in my new Skyrim build/playthrough.

"I was initially put off by the need for so many patches & compatibility concerns"

redirishlord - that's exactly the reason I don't install certain mods that I want to install, like SkyRe.  What's so great about AOS is that it's part of STEP and it seems to have INCREDIBLE support by this community.  Those compatibility patches and the update on the STEP guide were very fast.  The guide explains very well how to properly install the patches (or STEP patch).  I kind of wish some of the STEP Packs got updated as frequently (like the ones that include SkyRe - lol... or some other non-STEP mods that aren't even in any of the STEP Packs, like Pure Weather), but some of them have not been updated since a few STEP versions ago.  Anyway, AOS is one of those mods that has the potential to conflict with many other mods, YET it gets great support - so it's worth using.

• +1 1

"I was initially put off by the need for so many patches & compatibility concerns"

redirishlord - that's exactly the reason I don't install certain mods that I want to install, like SkyRe.  What's so great about AOS is that it's part of STEP and it seems to have INCREDIBLE support by this community.  Those compatibility patches and the update on the STEP guide were very fast.  The guide explains very well how to properly install the patches (or STEP patch).  I kind of wish some of the STEP Packs got updated as frequently (like the ones that include SkyRe - lol... or some other non-STEP mods that aren't even in any of the STEP Packs, like Pure Weather), but some of them have not been updated since a few STEP versions ago.  Anyway, AOS is one of those mods that has the potential to conflict with many other mods, YET it gets great support - so it's worth using.

STEP Packs aren't really officially supported until 2.3.0, but we do what we can for them. Plus, any pack that requires STEP Core or Extended can't be updated until we update the guide.

Do the newest STEP Patches (uploaded to Nexus on April 2nd) include EssArrBee's AOS Guard Dialogue Overhaul Compatibility Patch (uploaded the Nexus on April 5th)?  Also, should the AOS DLC and UKSP Compatibility Patch (uploaded to Nexus on April 10th) be loaded after the STEP Patch?