BCF conversion greyed out

Eskiath

Question

Hello all you good people,

I've made a lot of progress this past week working my way through STEP and am finally at the point of installing mods.

What I have done so far:

I've installed the utilities I need

I've downloaded all the mods (229 in total, not counting updates and add-ons, phew)

I've renamed them like this:

"F - 08a - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul"

"F - 08b - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Dawnguard"

"F - 09 - HD Miscellaneous Items"

And so on and so forth.

I've unpacked the archives, deleted files that needed deleting, and repacked them without compression because the guide suggests to make it so. Installing mods has been pretty painless. Section D was a piece of cake. Section E on the other hand has a minor problem. This is where BCF files come into play. I download them via the links in the STEP guide. I put them in the "Bain Converters" Folder, and assuming that Wyre Bash likes it's files to be named identically, I rename the BCF files to correspond with the archive that it is supposed to function with.

That means that the BFC for the High Quality Map is named "E - 06b - High Quality 3D Map Normals Original" because that is what I named my archive.

I go to "Convert" in the context menu within Wyre Bash but "Apply" is greyed out.

Is this a serious problem?

If I just select the options in the "subpackage" window in Wyre Bash then I should get the same results even without BCF files, no?

Then again, I'm not entirly sure what options to select, always. For Skyrim Optimization Project for instance I selected both "Data" and "Core" on a hunch, but if this was the correct thing to do I don't know.

Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Could the files that I have downloaded recently, due to updates that may have been released, no longer be compatible with the BCF files supplied via the guide?

@costi: I have managed to get Visible Windows one working fine.

What I was doing wrong were not extracting the BCF archive into the Bain Converters folder. That's the must do to get it recognized by WB.

One suggestion to z929669: in the instructions you say: "Select EITHER of Isoku's mod files". Probably this might sound silly, but "either" can be translated (at least in my language, Italian) in two ways: whichever of two, but also each of two (https://www.wordreference.com/enit/either).

So I translated it as whichever of two and it looks like I picked up the right one (I used a bit of logic as well :D), but it might be misleading.