Photo

Are both large textures mods really necessary?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Other question: is it possible to use Skyrim HD without overwriting SRO to keep the additional highres textures?
or does that just look weird?

Just install SKYHD first. Vond's approach may be the best: Install SKYHD as your very first texture mod. Then you get whatever you like best with a bit of SKYHD high res shining through where you might otherwise see vanilla (but I prefer vanilla).

#17 Nachtfrost

Nachtfrost

Prisoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm currently installing STEP and using only SRO, not Skyrim HD 2k-textures. Is it necessary to install SRO again (and which parts when only using this large texture mod) after Skyrim Flora Overhaul and if yes, why?

#18 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

No, you need the flora overhaul to overwrite files from SRO

#19 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'm currently installing STEP and using only SRO, not Skyrim HD 2k-textures. Is it necessary to install SRO again (and which parts when only using this large texture mod) after Skyrim Flora Overhaul and if yes, why?

The second install of SRO is to overwrite files from Skyrim HD 2k and Riften HQ. If you are using either one of those you will need the second install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users