HRDLC_Clean-START says I'm missing files

Business

Question

Soo, this is driving me nuts, literally nuts...

I've been trying for an hour now to follow the DDos guide, and I've got a Working File, with a Vanilla Extracted folder inside, along with the Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthstone, HRDLC1, HRDLC2, HRDLC3 and the STD folder with only the Skyrim textures.bsa extracted into it. I've used mod organizer to extract the files. I've extracted the Bat files to the Working Directory. I've copied over the .ini, and no matter what I do, no matter how many times I extract the BSA files, no matter how many times I rename them and verify the cash, the HRDLC_Clean-START bat file ALWAYS says there is something missing. And yes, I am running the program as an administrator.

I'm completely at a loss, what am I doing wrong?

• +1 1

You did take the extracted files out of your Mod Organizer folder to you working directory right? Also you probably should have posted this in the DDSOpt guide thread since it's related to the guide's materials.

Yes, and good point, I'll go take it over there.

i was relieved to find that this was something already asked about (as far as I can see, my problem is near-identical), but it doesn't appear that Business ever followed up (i checked October and adjacent months on the guide thread and then checked his Content - not another peep that I can see), so a few clarifications for me to make/seek:

1) isn't that entire wing of the forums explicitly "NOT SUPPORT"?  (or was that different, or not explicit, 15 months ago? ::): )  because it looked like the issue was stated:

...  the HRDLC_Clean-START bat file ALWAYS says there is something missing.

then one question asked

You did take the extracted files out of your Mod Organizer folder to you working directory right?

and answered

Yes ...

but nothing further was suggested (i assume because you were waiting for him to move/repost the issue)

2) the MO detail is where my issue differs from Business' issue:  I was going through the DDSopt procedures under STEP 1C before installing MO, simply because DDSopt is listed above MO.  some asides regarding that detail:

2a) it has occurred to me that each list on that page is arranged in alphabetical order, from which i infer

2b) within a 'block' of mods, the order in which they are installed is unimportant (unless specifically noted otherwise); though

2c) if Mod Organizer is an exception to said hypothetical install-order-irrelevance even among Utilities - and i can certainly understand its paramount significance relative to anything but utilities - why would it not be explicitly suggested (or the list of utilities arranged so) that it be in active use prior to every other component (or an optimal portion of them) in 1.C ?

3) if the previous nattering is simply giving you a headache,  I apologize and withdraw everything except the question of whether there is something I can do to resolve the original problem:  identical in every respect except that I did not use MO to extract the BSAs - i.e. there has been no opportunity for the files to be anywhere but exactly where (as far as I can tell) they are supposed to be prior to running the batch files.

Edited by junglejudas

The HRDLC_Clean-Start checks a few files in the extracted HRDLC to determine whether the files are in the correct directories or if the batch file for cleaning was run before, even if it didn't complete. To do this the batch file looks in the <code>Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC1, Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2, and Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC3</code> directories to see if a few files are present that are expected to be there. The 3 HRDLC BSAs should have been extracted into these three directories prior to running the batch file. These directories and the extracted batch file should all be done in a working directory, not the <code>Mod Organizer\mods</code> directory. If MO is used to extract the BSAs it puts the resulting files in folders in the <code>Mod Organizer\mods</code> directory; if the extraction is done with MO these folders with the extracted BSAs need to be moved to a <code>Vanilla Extracted</code> directory somewhere outside the Mod Organizer directory. You can still run the batch file and continue even if a few of the files have been removed. The error log will indicate that some files were missing, but that isn't a problem if the batch file had already removed them in a previous run.

These procedures were written expecting that either DDSopt or BSAopt is used to extract the BSAs.

The main thing to check is the following at the end of running the HRDLC batch file for cleaning:

The HRDLC1 folder should now have 1032 files and 188 folders
The HRDLC2 folder should now have 12168 files and 182 folders
The HRDLC3 folder should now have 759 files and 141 folders
These are the most important numbers; if they are correct errors can be ignored

The batch file will be modified to add some additional tests and to print more information to the screen

thanks; i hadn't installed MO yet, had only used DDSopt to extract (and yes, to the appropriately named & placed folders, and with the required checks under Ignore, before Processing), and the file/folder numbers before running .bats all seemed to match up with the snapshot provided...

Edited by junglejudas

how very curious; the fourth time i (thought i) followed the exact same procedures, there was no 'files to be deleted are missing' notice.

sadly, i've now been unable to access (504 Gateway Timeout) all step wiki pages (other than the main 2.2.9 list page, only because i Saved it yesterday) for the last ~10 hours...  going to head on over to the guide forum and see if i can suss out the rest of the batch file instructions...

The HRDLC3 folder should now have 759 files and 141 folders

uh-oh... i'm praying to Julianos that there was a single typo there...  my post-clean-batch HRDLC3 has 749 files/141 folders... the other two HR folders are definitely right on target.

Edited by junglejudas

now... what if i end up with extra files & folders after the optimizing round?

expecting 14.4gb across 76,395 files in 2718 subdirs,

i have 16gb across 103,138 in 3575...

10.1 across 44,411 in 1179 ended up

10.6 across 53,282 in 1276...

i checked and unchecked what i was told to... argh.  extra weight in all 7 folders.

would it be worthwhile to shift these over to the Mod.Org. directory?

The size of the files depend on how you optimized, so you might not get the same sizes. The Vanilla Optimized folder should have 44,411 files and 1,179 folders, and from your message this seems to be true. If this is the same things are fine. The instructions say at several points in the process to check the number of files and folders - they don't mention file sizes since they aren't typically important. The numbers of files and folders is all that matters.

nope, I'm afraid the 44,411 files across 1179 folders were what I gathered from the screenshot to be appropriate, but my actual result was 53,282 files across 1276 folders...  will it even help to clean these?  do I just need to start the whole DDSopt process again?

also, as things stand (dragging the 7 Vanilla Optimized into MO's mod dir rather than compressing), the optimized Dragonborn folder shows as entirely redundant (the white lightning bolt)...

Edited by junglejudas

Are there any folders other than "textures" inside the seven folders in "Vanilla Optimized"? In the "Ignore" tab in DDSopt is the last item (Copy unprocessed and ignored files) unchecked? Are there discrepancies between the numbers of files and folders in the 7 folders inside each of the 5 temporary directories (e.g., "Vanilla Ordinary Textures"), and if so is there a pattern to it or are there many discrepancies?