Living Takes Time by Akezhar

Neovalen

Reading Takes Time by Akezhar

This mod is for everyone that uses realism mods to enhance gameplay, if you ever found yourself having just some time before going to bed and wished you could use that time to read a book or two this mod is for you.
The mod calculates the time you spend reading and then advances the in game time according to the time scale.
There is also a MCM page to activate and deactivate the mod as well as the option to block the ability to read books during combat.

The mod is compatible with all books from DLCs and mods

-----------------------------------------------
Quick, efficient, and to the point. I like this mod.

::EDIT by -rr-:: 

Thread subject changed to reflect the mod name change on Nexus.

Kinda again one of those convenience mods... where you get a script to do the following

Press t and input x amount of hours.

I can see its uses for some high realism builds, but not something I would use "script space" on. (yes I just made up that term)

And the whole idea of using it against vampires is just hilarious... I could see my self doing that just for fun...

Vampire attack... read book and wait for day time... when the book is indeed mightier then the sword!

This mod prevents reading during combat. The point is to remove the concept that time *freezes* when reading.

With regards to performance, looking at the script source it only activates when opening mcm or opening/closing book menu. Overall not going to impact your script load.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod prevents reading during combat. The point is to remove the concept that time *freezes* when reading.

With regards to performance, looking at the script source it only activates when opening mcm or opening/closing book menu. Overall not going to impact your script load.

I think it somehow converts real time you spend reading a book into game time. You can open a book for 2 minutes and X amount of hours will pass in game, but if you open the same book and keep it opened for 5 minutes, Y hours will pass in game (Y being more than X). I like this idea too, the faster you read in real life the faster your character reads in game :)

I think it somehow converts real time you spend reading a book into game time. You can open a book for 2 minutes and X amount of hours will pass in game, but if you open the same book and keep it opened for 5 minutes, Y hours will pass in game (Y being more than X). I like this idea too, the faster you read in real life the faster your character reads in game :)

agreed. 

as long as the scripting is in fact minimal (as is being said), i think it's a great idea.

PS - i love the 'script space' term. ive always thought of it like this myself, just never coined the term to describe it :)

nice work :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

This mod's name should be updated in the title thread. It's now called "Living Takes Time" and has (toggleable and customizable) options so that inventory, crafting, eating, levelup, lockpicking etc. take time AND are blockable in combat.

While I think some are a bit immersion-breaking (I don't actually think of my character going into a magic menu or leveling up skills) I LOVE the idea of crafting and eating and lockpicking etc. taking time. The first mod worked flawlessly so I'm pretty excited about the new incarnation.