Running Wrye Bash through Mod Organizer

Whitestar127

Question

Last night I spent some time researching how to create a bashed patch in Mod Organizer (MO) with the help of Wrye Bash (WB). This post is really just to get a confirmation that I did it correctly. Before I did this I had run BOSS and gotten a log and hopefully a correct load order from it.

I installed WB and added it as an executable in MO. Then I ran it from within MO.

It opened up and displayed all the mods I had installed. I opened up my BOSS log (in a web browser) and went through the mods to set the bash tags. But then I noticed that the tags were already correct (the guy in the youtube video did this manually). I'm guessing - since the Automatic option was checked - that WB saw the BOSS log and set the tags itself. Is that correct?

After that I got a message that one mod could be merged and would be / should be kept deactivated. So I just clicked OK and built the patch.

Then I closed WB and came back to MO. The one merged mod is deactivated and the bashed patch is bottom of the list.

So does this sound correct? Can I start playing now? :) If yes, then you can just set this to Solved.

Edit: Btw, I'm using Mod Organizer 1.0.5 RC 6 and Wrye Bash 304.

11 answers to this question

I realized I was a bit unclear with this sentence: "After that I got a message that one mod could be merged and would be / should be kept deactivated. So I just clicked OK and built the patch."

Let me clarify. When I right-clicked and selected Rebuild Patch this window was displayed:

Posted Image

I just clicked OK. That made two things happen:

1. The mod EBS - Misc.esp got deactivated

2. This was displayed:

Posted Image

So I suppose it's OK to just leave all this as is and click OK? And that will merge EBS - Misc.esp into the bashed patch meaning that I should keep the EBS - Misc.esp deactivated in the mod list, right?

Yes, that is correct. WB lists that patch as mergeable, so it gets combined with the bashed patch to save you space on the amount of esps you have active. It should deactivate it for you and you shouldn't reactivate it because it is now part of the bashed patch.

No. you were supposed to uncheck the mods listed in that box shown in your first picture' date=' then click ok. finish building patch, and then recheck all mods that were deactivated before building your patch.[/quote']

The logic isn't exactly intuitive in that dialog, I have to say.

If I uncheck it in the "Deactivate these mods prior to patching" dialog as you say, then the only thing that (seemingly) happens is that it stays activated in the mod list. It gets listed and checked off as a mergeable mod in the Update bashed patch dialog.

If I keep it checked off in the "Deactivate these mods prior to patching" dialog, then it gets deactivated in the mod list, but it still gets listed and checked off as a mergeable mod in the Update bashed patch dialog.

So to me it seems that as long as it is listed and checked off in the "Update bashed patch" dialog then it will be merged into the bashed patch, no matter if I uncheck it or not in the "Deactivate these mods prior to patching" dialog.

But I may be wrong.

Yes' date=' that is correct. WB lists that patch as mergeable, so it gets combined with the bashed patch to save you space on the amount of esps you have active. It should deactivate it for you and you shouldn't reactivate it because it is now part of the bashed patch.[/quote']

Did you say "Yes that is correct" to me or deathniko11? Wasn't quite sure. :)

Anyway, thanks for helping both of you. Hope you can clarify this for me, because I think it is a bit counter-intuitive. :)

By the way, can I perhaps see in the log that comes up after rebuilding if the EBS - Misc.esp was incorporated/merged into the bashed patch? Will check when I get home. That would clear things up.

sorry i was not completely coherent when i made my last post. I have not been feeling well lately (and I will probably be updating that video i linked to add some more details to it)

yes, if it has a plugin marked mergeable it merges the plugin into the bashed patch, just as Orangehood states.

sorry, disregard my previous post. I admit I was only half sane when i wrote it.