Conflict Resolution

It is not hidden and I did try reinstalling it. Just to clarify, the guide said to not install aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp and to replace with the ESP from Improved Closefaced Helmets [WAF Replacer ESP (Download)] (?).

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
aMidianborn - Content AddOn:

• Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder
  • aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp (Instead, move the version found in the Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder to the main data folder.)

I did this but had no aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp the first time, just the imp_helm_legend.esp. I thought that maybe I was supposed to rename the new ESP as aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp but it still did not turn up in TES5Edit. Am I misreading the above step? Because if i am, the guide is not very clear to noobs.

It is not hidden and I did try reinstalling it. Just to clarify, the guide said to not install aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp and to replace with the ESP from Improved Closefaced Helmets [WAF Replacer ESP (Download)] (?).

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

aMidianborn - Content AddOn:

• Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder
  • aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp (Instead, move the version found in the Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder to the main data folder.)

I did this but had no aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp the first time, just the imp_helm_legend.esp. I thought that maybe I was supposed to rename the new ESP as aMidianborn_Content_Addon.esp but it still did not turn up in TES5Edit. Am I misreading the above step? Because if i am, the guide is not very clear to noobs.

2LTdxm3.png

• +1 1
  • 1 month later...

XX01AE24 OBISFaction

XX = Index of OBIS.esp
Conflict Resolution: Use record from OBIS.esp then right-click on the Relations line and click Add. Right-click the newly created Faction entry and select Edit. Paste "ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:YY0189E8]" where YY = Index of Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and click [OK]. Right-click the newly created Group Combat Reaction entry and select Edit. Type "Ally" then click [OK].
Problem Resolved: Organized Bandits In Skyrim added bandits attacked the player if using the bandit alternate start.

For the above step in the conflict resolution, I get absolutely nothing under XX01AE24 (I have inserted the prefix for OBIS.esp). I only got OBIS.esp up, so I removed the filter, but even then their are no records in the right window of TES5Edit (let alone the 'Relations' line). I thought I may have installed it wrong so I reinstalled OBIS but still get the problem. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong?

I am also missing files for further entries, where there is no INAM or AOS.esp entries for below:

03014FCB DLC1DragonboneDagger

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp then change the INAM - Impact Data Set to "WPNzBlade1HandSmallImpactSet [iPDS:XX05B6EA]" where XX is the location of AOS.esp.
Problem Resolved: DLC portion of Audio Overhaul for Skyrim is incomplete.

0701CDB5 DLC2StalhrimDagger

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp then change the INAM - Impact Data Set to "WPNzBlade1HandSmallImpactSet [iPDS:XX05B6EA]" where XX is the location of AOS.esp.

0701CE02 DLC2BoundWeaponDagger

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp then change the INAM - Impact Data Set to "WPNzBlade1HandSmallImpactSet [iPDS:XX05B6EA]" where XX is the location of AOS.esp.

0701CE03 DLC2BoundWeaponDaggerMystic

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp then change the INAM - Impact Data Set to "WPNzBlade1HandSmallImpactSet [iPDS:XX05B6EA]", NAM9 - Equip Sound to "WPNBlade1HandSmallDrawSD [sNDR:0003CED9]", and NAM8 - Unequip Sound to "WPNBlade1HandSmallSheatheSD [sNDR:0003CEDB]" where XX is the location of AOS.esp.
Problem Resolved: DLC portion of Audio Overhaul for Skyrim is incomplete and changes to daggers from the unofficial patches was not properly applied.

Edited by triptonite

0005C80C DialogueFollowerDismissTopic > 0005C826

Conflict Resolution: Use record from EFFDialogue.esp then move the conditions from Hearthfires.esm then add the "GetRelationshipRank" condition check from FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp.

Problem Resolved: Changes from Extensible Follower Framework, Hearthfire, and Follower Commentary Overhaul needed to be merged.

I understood the first part fine but what exactly does "add the "GetRelationshipRank" condition check from FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp." part mean?

Am I supposed to just move the condition check directly to the right under the SR resolution patch and overwrite what's already there? Or am I supposed to right-click the conditions bar and select add, then move the condition check there?

Am I adding the entire condition check or just the "GetRelationshipRank" line?

I would like to suggest this fix for obis, I posted it on the obis comments on nexus too, but I'm not sure what whether it is a true bug or some interaction with my setup.  I say that because while the fix works for me it seems such a obvious problem and such an easy fix I cant believe it hasnt been fixed already.  That coupled with the fact that on searching the obis forums I only found one other person with this issue.  Here is the post I posted on OBIS comments section:

It seems that everytime I visited valheim towers the bandits where fighting eachother. So using tfc command I had a look at was going on without getting too close and triggering an attack on me. After a few reloads I discovered that the NPCs with ids 003f7af, 003f7b3 and 003f7b1 where all attacking eachother whilst ignoring and being ignored by the other NPCs.

After tracing the references I discovered that the NPCs that hated each other where all from ''LvlBanditMissileHoldPos256LinkRef [NPC_:000296FE]'' record which has the OBIS faction but is missing the 'use factions' flag under template flags.

After copying the record into my compatibility patch and dragging the flag across it seems to have fixed my issue.

So if anyone else is having this problem there is the solution. :-)

Edited by mscheetham
  • 5 months later...

0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34 DLC1RedwaterDenExterior   
Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dawnguard.esm.     
Problem Resolved: Location record from the Dawnguard DLC was not properly forwarded.    

When you have a conflict like this, is there a difference in accesing the final record (0000BC34) through Skyrim.esm and Dawnguard.esm? Like so:

a) Skyrim.esm > Worldspace > 0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34

b) Dawnguard.esm > Worldspace > 0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34

It seems to me that if I do changes one way, and then check the record in the other, it changes it as well (for example copying as overrite to) but I just want to make sure as this is quite a big deal while dealing with conflicts.. Also, if I just use the FormID to search for the record, it will usually give me the first path..

Thanks.

Edited by Pheyne

0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34 DLC1RedwaterDenExterior   

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dawnguard.esm.     

Problem Resolved: Location record from the Dawnguard DLC was not properly forwarded.    

When you have a conflict like this, is there a difference in accesing the final record (0000BC34) through Skyrim.esm and Dawnguard.esm? Like so:

a) Skyrim.esm > Worldspace > 0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34

b) Dawnguard.esm > Worldspace > 0000003C Tamriel > Block 1, -1 > Sub-Block 4, -3 > 0000BC34

It seems to me that if I do changes one way, and then check the record in the other, it changes it as well (for example copying as overrite to) but I just want to make sure as this is quite a big deal while dealing with conflicts.. Also, if I just use the FormID to search for the record, it will usually give me the first path..

Thanks.

No difference, because they both are editing the same record. Thats why I use search by form id in TES5Edit... it always finds the right one.