Conflict Resolution

Oh' date=' and one last question ^^ Do you think that skipping the Conflict Resolution part alltogether until there's a final version of the guide would make the game a lot less stable? Or maybe, just maybe, could someone make a downloadable SR Conflict Resolution.esp available? I don't believe that would infringe on the authors' rights, right?[/quote']

I may put mine out there once things are mostly stable. As for skipping it, generally not recommended especially as things move further along. Nothing major except for the faction changes now but there are a lot of minor bugs fixed that you might not notice off hand but once they are fixed you'll notice them a lot more. :)

Oh' date=' and one last question ^^ Do you think that skipping the Conflict Resolution part alltogether until there's a final version of the guide would make the game a lot less stable? Or maybe' date=' just maybe, could someone make a downloadable SR Conflict Resolution.esp available? I don't believe that would infringe on the authors' rights, right?[/quote'']

I may put mine out there once things are mostly stable. As for skipping it, generally not recommended especially as things move further along. Nothing major except for the faction changes now but there are a lot of minor bugs fixed that you might not notice off hand but once they are fixed you'll notice them a lot more. :)

That would be really great Neo, conflict resolution has probably been the most tedious part about installing Skyrim Revisited, and putting all fixes into one esp is really a great idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated my SR:LE install including the Conflict resolution esp which is working rather well (must have picked up some skills somewhere) up as far as Worldspace edits at least. Lots of work - but useful IMO. Noticed some things that may or may not be relevant - on some of the Cell edits the conflicting files are the project Optimization esm and the UPs. These don't apperar to make sense as the esm is loaded before the UPs so the UP changes are what is used - no conflict.

E.G:

Block 9 > Sub-Block 9 > 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse

Conflicting Module(s):

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (Mod)

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.

Problem Resolved: Sky/Weather fix from unofficial patches was not properly forwarded.

In this case the record from USKP will be used over the one from Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm as they are without patching.

The one entry under static is not showing any conflicts with Better Dynamic Snow.esp.

I can pinpoint more of these if is useful or am I missing something? (entirely possible)

:)

The video in the tools section appears to be private. Also, I just wanted to specify that I'm only skipping conflict resolution for now because it's impossible to revert changes in tes5edit, so if a fix is no longer needed, it's impossible to delete in SR Conflict Resolution.esp

Right click record you don't need any more. Remove. If need to remove master, go to file header and remove master reference. End. :)

As for the video, will look into it.

I have just updated my SR:LE install including the Conflict resolution esp which is working rather well (must have picked up some skills somewhere) up as far as Worldspace edits at least. Lots of work - but useful IMO. Noticed some things that may or may not be relevant - on some of the Cell edits the conflicting files are the project Optimization esm and the UPs. These don't apperar to make sense as the esm is loaded before the UPs so the UP changes are what is used - no conflict.

E.G:

Block 9 > Sub-Block 9 > 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse

Conflicting Module(s):

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (Mod)

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.

Problem Resolved: Sky/Weather fix from unofficial patches was not properly forwarded.

In this case the record from USKP will be used over the one from Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm as they are without patching.

The one entry under static is not showing any conflicts with Better Dynamic Snow.esp.

I can pinpoint more of these if is useful or am I missing something? (entirely possible)

Uskp 2.0 beta is loaded as a false esm after their respective esm such as:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp and so on.

This might make it seem more logical.

You are correct it does - my bad. Well it does make sense but those examples I mentioned show up as not having conflicts in TES5Edit. I will need to look at them again. I remember some talk about false esms, but didn't really pay attention, just thought people were on something, imagining things etc...

I'm kinda stuck at the Factions part now. I found the last three records in Falskaar.esp and in OBIS FALSKAAR PATCH.esp but not in Alternate Start-Live Another Life.esp. Also, those records are highlighted in green, so I can't find any conflict there...

That's because its not a direct conflict... its a gameplay conflict. Basically you are going to be making OBIS Falskaar bandits aware of Alternate Start.

Neo, a typo:

5.3.13.4: 0000003C Tamriel > 00000D74 > Persistent > 000B0D1C

Conflicting Module(s):

SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp (Mod)

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Tundra Creeks.esp.

Text in red should be SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp

Neo, a typo:

5.3.13.4: 0000003C Tamriel > 00000D74 > Persistent > 000B0D1C

Conflicting Module(s):

SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp (Mod)

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Tundra Creeks.esp.

Text in red should be SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp

Damn copy paste. Will fix, thanks.

Thanks Neo!

BTW, what happened to Vivid Landscapes - Rocking Stones and Mountains Parallax mod?

Used to be there...

I talked to the author, he suggested (and I agreed) to use updated SMIM meshes until his update in the November time frame as they look better. In his words: SMIM > Parallax.

That being said, I may put back in the textures folder only (or some other mountain textures) until that time.

Greetings Neovalen,

Thank you very much for all your efforts.  I've learned a lot from you!

Found a couple of minor typos in the SR:LE wiki ...

XX072A5 FSMQ05ABanditFaction

* Change "XX072A5" => "XX072A75"  (insert a 7)

0003DE60 EncBandit04Melee2HNordM

Conflict Resolution: Use record from OBIS.esp then move the Tiny Layers from Dragonborn.esm.

* Change "Tiny" => "Tint"  (y to t)

Yep sorry, kinda trivial, but it made me chuckle a bit because now I have the "Tiny Bubbles" song in my head.:P

PS. I hope this is the correct thread for this.  If not, please advise.

Cheers