Conflict Resolution

XX072A5 FSMQ05ABanditFaction

* Change "XX072A5" => "XX072A75"  (insert a 7)

0003DE60 EncBandit04Melee2HNordM

Conflict Resolution: Use record from OBIS.esp then move the Tiny Layers from Dragonborn.esm.

* Change "Tiny" => "Tint"  (y to t)

Fixed and Fixed. Thanks for reporting it! If you find anything else odd, please point it out.

Neo, what is the reason you are using Dragonborn for the MHDT record in Worldspace 0000003 (and the others) and not Unofficial Dragonborn patch? I can't copy the numbers in tes5edit so I can't really compare them, but my first thought would be to use the unofficial one rather than the vanilla. 

Edit: Lol I should really wake up, they have the same color. Need another coffee :D

• 2 weeks later...

... and stability is a long way off for highly modded setups until certain creative fixes are implemented. Neo's big patch is a good way to fix problems with some mods' date=' but the inherent engine flaws need solutions like Altimor's

I am personally waiting for several more months or even a year before finalizing my mods and playing the game.

Where I can download Neos big patch?

Wow dredging up old posts eh? Anyways what he was talking about was Neovalen's method of getting a big list of mods and going through the list checking for conflicts. If you like the mods on his list (or even for just the ones in STEP) then I'd say look at Neovalen's guide Skyrim Revisited (the old one not Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition)

• 4 weeks later...

The two Dialog Topic fixes are apparently obsolete with the new version of Touring Carriages.

Fixed.

Same goes for the Realistic Water Two-related fixes in Worldspace regarding Dawnguard regions not being forwarded.

Fixed. I also fixed some other worldspace items that were out of date since the latest ELFX.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I am trying to learn how to find and fix conflicts with TES5edit. Went through the SR:LE guide last week to get some hands on exp with Neo's patches. After I finished I used TES5edit to check for more conflicts and I saw lots of red, most of it was taken care of by the SR conflict resolution.esp but I did notice a conflict with Falskaar ( NPC Jalamar) being overwritten by Point the Way and Touring Carriages. I was gonna patch it to test it out and see if he would be in Riften with/without another patch.Then I noticed there were some overwrites of USKP(NPC fishwife),dawnguard(queststarters),and hearthfires(alot of stuff) in the same form id. Is that something that needs resolution? I am away from my PC right now so I cant include the Form ID sorry, Will do later if needed, THX

thx Neo, it is the location record. 00018a58. What I'm trying to figure out is if I do a full SR or SR:LE install (understanding that SR:LE is still WIP) and I want to add extra mods how do I determine what needs to be patched? Is it just the worldspace conflicts? After researching your guides and FNVedit guide on conflict resolution I feel like I have a good understanding of the actual patching with TES5edit. It seems to me like the correct process is to check the bethesda Esms first then the Unofficial patches for conflicts, after that the complete load order? What I haven't been able to find any documentation on is which conflicts need resolution. Also what filter do you use for CR? Can you enlighten me? Thx for your time and sharing your work btw. Your guides are the best I have seen. 

1. Unfortunately, you cannot be shown what the matrix is, you must experience it for yourself. Honestly there are no 100% good guides out there. Most of what I've learned has been from asking the best modders out there on the Nexus and some good ol fashioned trial and error to learn what does and does not need patched.

2. I do not use any filters. I go line by line looking at color codes mostly anytime I update or add a mod. As for what I load up... I always load up my entire load order... unless I am checking for cleaning purposes.

well thx i guess ill just have to figure it out. seems like most of the time it is cell and worldspace edits. Is there any advice you can give on things that should never be changed like the location records? or/and things that that can almost always be safely be changed to match dlc and unofficial patches?

1. Unfortunately, you cannot be shown what the matrix is, you must experience it for yourself. Honestly there are no 100% good guides out there. Most of what I've learned has been from asking the best modders out there on the Nexus and some good ol fashioned trial and error to learn what does and does not need patched.

2. I do not use any filters. I go line by line looking at color codes mostly anytime I update or add a mod. As for what I load up... I always load up my entire load order... unless I am checking for cleaning purposes.

This is probably a gross simplification - but would it theoretically be possible to throw together 100s of mods, open all in Tess5edit, go through line-by-line and note all conflicts and decide how to deal with them, and get a nearly 100% stable skyrim mod setup? Assuming the patcher actually knows how to deal with conflicts.