STEP Patches

Nearox

The wiki pages are not up to date with the current 2.2.9 guide. Also, those patches are for Staff members who know what is going on with current guide development. By chance are you a pack author? I wasn't planning on supporting development patches for anyone except pack authors, but I think the delinquent part is from placing the AMB plugin behind the STEP Patch. 

If you have the error could not be resolved, there will be issues.

What am I doing wrong then? It seems no matter what I do I always get "Error could not be resolved" on the WNAM - First Person Model Object of Weapon files 9F25C, D, E, F and 9F260 after I create the merged patch. When I create it (before I close TES5E) everything seems fine and each have their WNAM exactly as it is on WAF_ambSkyforge_patch but when loading the patch again with TES5E the records somehow show that error..

I've noticed this with the Merged plugins TES5Edit script and never cared to find the cause, as I normally do the process of merging all my patches into a single patch manually, and then add only like three plugins to that with the script. Never really had much success with telling it to merge a whole pile of plugins (like 30) and walking away without issues.

I'm thinking that I'll do really detailed version of the patches in case I get hit by meteorite. The purpose being that anyone can see what is in every record and pick up where I left off. Should look something like this: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Sandbox#Changelog_Proper:

Tell me if it is clear enough to understand what I did. Obviously someone with a little TES4/5/FO3/FNVEdit experience should be the ones to take over should that ever come up.

The detailed version of the patches - I think it seems pretty clear also.  Nice work.

Response to the github patches situation:  I'm just going to hold off on doing anything else with Skyrim until the 2.2.9 wiki pages get updated.  I forsee that adding that AMB Content Addon mod into there will be the next thing done on there since you've already made the changes to the 2.2.9 STEP Patch files available.

Man I just can't catch a a break, just saw this: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1497829-relz-unofficial-skyrim-patch-thread-41/

Now I gotta do an update for a new USKP and all those audio fixes. Man AOS better update quickly because I really don't want to mess with it myself. I may just be grumpy because of sleep deprivation. Will have to see how I feel about in the morning, with coffee and bacon.

Okay, this page is how I kind of envision a detailed change log.

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Combined_Plugin_Changelog

The idea is that it tells you want is going on with the plugins and then details it in TES5Edit terms in case those loan sharks ever find me, someone can take over. This details the Combined Plugin I made so it is pretty short, but I am pretty much done doing the Core patch list on my sandbox and will do a page for it as well. If there is anything that should be there then let me know, so I can add it in. Stuff like more directions, or better descriptions...

I like the format, but it seems to be missing some components (sections) that can be reused for all custom STEP plugins>

Description - What is it? Why is it needed? Who needs it?

I will add a couple of comments to your wiki page ... but are you going to rewrite the other ReadMe to match this format? Consistency of presentation is my big 'thing'. What about this and the Git ReadMe? I'd like to create a uniform look / feel for all documentation and simplify maintenance for updates if you don't mind.

Regardless, your work on this is much appreciated :;):

The idea is that I'm making a really deep list of changes that keeps track of every record so someone else can pick up where I left off if that is required. The only changelog you linked will be more of a general readme for users that lists changes in plain text. "Added compatibility for mod A", "removed dependency for mod B"... that type of stuff.

The added benefit is to pack authors that may need to use the patches to make their pack patches. If they want to remove a dependency, then just crtl-f, search for the plugin and get the formIDs that need to be deleted. I'm pretty much doing all work with packs in my mind so I'm already ready to support the pack authors when that is needed. I finished writing my finals last night, so I'll have some time this weekend to make it look better.

OK, sounds good. Because this is all version specific, we can't really tie your work Semantically into existing Packs and Mods (since they are not version specific). Otherwise, that would be a good way to do this.

If you are willing to keep it all up to date and relevant, then it makes sense, but I assume that it could all change as the USPs and mods get updated, no?