STEP Patches

Nearox

It's fine to through an archive in there' date=' but I would unpack it and store the contents on a per-patch basis in github. It will enable you to check single files in/out to update them, and allow you to track changes per file. You can't do that with a single archive.[/quote']

Totally agree (I missed that). You should sync up all files under a given folder as your repo. then we all can sync it and contribute. Again though, I think having the version in the title is not necessary or accurate, since the contents will evolve over time. Each commit will be versioned, and you can assign a version number to releases (I think).

It's fine to through an archive in there' date=' but I would unpack it and store the contents on a per-patch basis in github. It will enable you to check single files in/out to update them, and allow you to track changes per file. You can't do that with a single archive.[/quote']

Alright, that sounds like a good idea, I'll split the Core and Extended into separate files and then the three extra patches I'll leave packed because they are extras I threw in there just in case anybody wanted them and will not be updated. Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot to sort the masters before saving them, so I can just make it a new repository.

I'm kinda surprised by the GitHub app being so bland, the website has a bunch of tools.

It's fine to through an archive in there' date=' but I would unpack it and store the contents on a per-patch basis in github. It will enable you to check single files in/out to update them' date=' and allow you to track changes per file. You can't do that with a single archive.[/quote'']

Alright, that sounds like a good idea, I'll split the Core and Extended into separate files and then the three extra patches I'll leave packed because they are extras I threw in there just in case anybody wanted them and will not be updated. Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot to sort the masters before saving them, so I can just make it a new repository.

I'm kinda surprised by the GitHub app being so bland, the website has a bunch of tools.

I would unpack it all ... who knows, someone may update one of them or use it as source for another or a fork. No use in archiving anything really.

Git is mostly command line, even on Windows. Refer to this basic manual to get started. Ch 2 goes into the command detail I think.

It's fine to through an archive in there' date=' but I would unpack it and store the contents on a per-patch basis in github. It will enable you to check single files in/out to update them' date=' and allow you to track changes per file. You can't do that with a single archive.[/quote'']

I would unpack it all ... who knows, someone may update one of them or use it as source for another or a fork. No use in archiving anything really.

Git is mostly command line, even on Windows. Refer to this basic manual to get started. Ch 2 goes into the command detail I think.

Yeah, that is what I meant, there is no real way to develop on the GitHub app, it is just a place to upload files and organize the repositories. The website is fully integrated for development.

https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches

Anyways, I made all those changes and now from here we can just start with version changes and I changed the name to STEP Patches so it is better for guide version changes.

One of things I was thinking is that the fork projects could be STEP packs. They could just inherit the STEP Core patch since the packs will use that, and then just patch the rest of the mods of for that pack. Those patches could just be uploaded on the pack page somehow.

By the way with regards to RWT/WATER: Does STEP get a version bump to 2.2.8 as soon as the patch is ready, or do we wait for other mod testing to be done? 

If it is the case that STEP goes to 2.2.8 because of the patch, then we wouldn't need to patch for WATER at all. 

There are really only a couple edits made for WATER and I don't think any for RWT in regards to Core. I think tech is still on break and that means for now 2.2.7 is here for a while since it just came out and was quite a bit of work. We should get a 2.2.7 patch that is good for Core and Extended and then get it into the wild for those users. Mostly casual users who aren't insane like us will benefit from not having to mess with TES5Edit and CK for stuff.

One thing I forgot is that the patch needs a Stats bash tag or if you use import stats on the bashed patch the unofficial patches and WAF will overwrite the patch. I'd say use import stats check everything but the last mod wins which would be the patch. I'll add that to the Readme.txt and OP when I get a chance and Will can add it to the BOSS list for us.

How does it work if I make or want to propose changes? Do I upload the changed .esp at github?

EDIT:

Only found 2 things noteworthy so I'll mention them here now:

1. Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp \ Dialog Topic \ 0010EEA4

Needs Patching: Forward USKP change

2. Gildergreen Regrown.esp \ Worldspace \ 0001A26F \ 0001A276

Probably doesn’t need patching: Uses the XLCW – Water Height record from USKP but Hearthfires has a different value. As there are no issues with GR mod we should probably leave it like that (i.e. at the value of USK)

Other than that I think we can  say the patch for step:core is finished.