Plugin Count May Matter (More)

Yeah that is a very good point... all DLC have been at -75% sale several times now... there is not really any excuse anymore.

You know its coming on the Christmas sale, and on the summer sale, every year.

I know I personally am not doing it anymore...I just do not find tes5editing the same things over and over overly interesting!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's now a semi-official reply to this issue from SmkViper over at the BethSoft forums: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1485192-having-more-than-127-mods/?p=23282131.

So, apparently this is only an issue with mods using the function "GetForm". Luckily there seem to be alternatives and workarounds. Now to figure out which mods might be using this function...

So I read through this entire thread and I am still waiting for someone to prove the 128 limit wrong. I know for a fact that I have well over 200 plugins and I put some of the heavy quest plugins last including things like Frostfall and rnd and they work perfectly. So what is going on here?

Ah nevermind I just saw Vrugdush's post above, don't know how I missed that.

Typically it's just certain mods that add themselves to the MCM Menu and then end up with an ID greater than 7F that have problems. Unfortunately, those problems may not always be readily apparently.

This is one of the things fixed in the new SKSE alpha.

• 5 years later...

damn, very sorry to revive this, but i'm just now hearing about this issue...and i'm terrified.

i'm midgame and have mods like Inigo, Thunderchild, AFT, RDO and a few others w/ MCM menus, all below slot 7F. i kept wondering why MFG Console was often showing mgefid or SpellID: 80000000 when looking at active effects in console.

what issues does this cause and what to do about it? thanks