FNV with OneHUD and UnifiedHUD

EssArrBee

Question

I've been trying to put together a list of mods and install instructions for FNV for some time, but there is no real solution to using just one mod manager for FNV because of OneHUD and UnifiedHUD. The install scripts can only be used by NMM and I think FOMM which is a problem because neither of those seem to work through MO. NMM is 64-bit and FOMM crashes the second I try to install either mod.

Technically I can install OneHUD without the use of the installer, so that isn't my main problem, but UnifiedHUD is a different type of mod. I had heard about doing separate folder with the mods that UnifiedHUD needs to merge xml files then copying over, but that seems like a terrible thing for a guide to use if it is trying to simplify things for general users. The only thing I can think of is MO supporting 64-bit binaries so MO can start NMM.

What do you guys think, is there a better way to address these two mods or do I just wait for a plugin or 64-bit support?

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You have to unpack the Thermal Nightvision and Stealth Gear BSAs. There is a cap on how many can be in the data directory if they are plugin loaded. I know first hand how bad that section can be. Project Nevada has three or four MCM menus for the diffferent modules.

Hopefully GOpher changes his mods' installers to work with MO. I almost didn't make a guide at all because of the complexity of that sections. I waited about 4 months with a list of mods before finally putting it on the wiki.

Thank you for the quick response, EssAreBee.  I need to solve the UI problem first before I get into the weeds with Thermal and Stealth.  I spent many hours on the UIs, following your instructions, then trying various experiments that relied heavily on FOMM, but the UIs  never installed correctly. And turning off and on other mods, unrelated mods, non-UI mods, would knock out both Project Nevada and MCM.  I now have a game that will not load if UIs are present.  MCM allows the game to start but doesn't show up in the menu, beyond a warning about faulty installation.  Thanks for your time.

Hi. I've been following along here trying to understand how to install the UI mods through NMM and import them into MO. The question I have right now is this. Do I have to install the UI mods in NMM or EVERY mod with UI adds? Do I have to install ProjectNevada in NMM too because it's being picky about the ui? (Giving me the error that the ui is not detected).

Okay I've got that figured out. I installed all the UI hud mods in NMM then went through MO to import. It worked except one thing. I went back to NMM as it said and deactivated all the mods there (ALL of them. I'm sure.)But this remained: 

https://gyazo.com/1f64e6c0256ddc502e647bf011040458OHud and PN left esms behind and I can't seem to get rid of them. I deactivated both those mods through NMM and MO still sees them as well as they are still listed in NMM. How do I get them to go away so they won't interfere with MO?

I did something similar with FOMM-Fork.  The first time around I kept getting error messages at the start of the game but everything seemed to show up in MCM.  Then following GSDFan's advice on this forum (#27, second spoiler), I used FOMM to install several mod families (all the Project Nevadas, all the Advanced Recon) at one go before going back into MO to create a mod from the accumulation.  The recommendation from GSDFan was to install, at the end, MCM, MCM Bugfix, oHUD, and FlashlightNV as a unit, but in that order.  Then finally all the mods were enabled in MO at once, and I went back to FOMM for the Unified HUD install.   When I tired to run the game the first time, no go.  I had to put the Flashlight NV in the optional panel.  Okay, fired up the game.  Hooray, no error messages.  But it seems some major mods I added after that will not allow the game to run.  My install won't run with the New Bison Hotel mod,  for instance, or Afterschool Special or Fierce Power Armor.  I stopped trying after that.  Meanwhile, all of these mods were working together in a former all NMM install. And by the way, Darnified fonts show up only in my opening menu.  In the game, biggish fonts.  In the MCM, biggish, somewhat blurred fonts.  I have checked the fallout.ini.  I have installed the Darnified menu in Project Nevada serveral times.  But no.  The MO install is just too temperamental.   I feel this has been fun sorta, certainly educational, but in the end too iffy to go with.  Meanwhile, great big thanks to EssArrBee (SRB?), whose S.T.E.P. page on FNV is terrific.  And thank you GSDFan.

Edited by icapricorn

I have recently moved my FNV to MO and it works really well. However, I can't for the life of me get the UI mods and their ilk to function.

Relevant mods

DarnifiedUI

MCM + fix

WMM

PN

PN extra options

JIP companions & control

Sortomatic

OHud

IHud

I have used FOMM as a plugin to install Darn, PN, PNXtra, Ohud, IHud. 

I have installed and reinstalled these mods endlessly and moved them around in install priority (MO left pane), and the most I can manage is to get everything to function but not Darnified which either isn't present at all or shows a menu error. I have not actually installed NVSE but it was present in MO from the get-go. I have made mods from the inevitable Overwrite dump. 

My primary question: Which install priority should I give these mods, respectively? 

My secondary questions: Does the Overwrite X choices in FOMM matter at all considering that's now handled by MO's install priorities? Does it matter in which order I install these mods at all (except IHud, of course)? How is it possible that DarnifiedUI isn't even present when MO tells me it is (tree looks good, esp is in place etc)? 

I'm very befuddled by all of this and any tips would be appreciated.

Install PN with the installer, then go into the archive and in the optional folder is the DarnUI files. Extract those to the PN folder.

It is possible to install everything with FOMM through MO all at once and the. Then create one mod from the overwrite folder. Or you can do each mod separately.

Install PN with the installer, then go into the archive and in the optional folder is the DarnUI files. Extract those to the PN folder.It is possible to install everything with FOMM through MO all at once and the. Then create one mod from the overwrite folder. Or you can do each mod separately.

Heh. I did it a little differently -> I simply copied all files from the DarnUI into the PN main folder and replaced when prompted :) So far, everything works though. For the first time. Thanks a lot :D