WALL - Immersive Clothing & Equipment

WIP (name is also still a WIP... evrrything is called 'immersive' these days so I'm not sure about that one)

• A compilation of some of the most endorsed weapon, armor & clothing mods at the Nexus. Mods need at least 200 endorsements for inclusion. Makes selection easier because there are just too many of such mods at nexus to coonsider them all. At least if I will be doing this alone it is :)
  • Excluding Immersive Armors & Weapons because they are already used so widely, wanted to build something different that brings a novel experience to some people.
  • Idea is to give a as many choices as possible to the user.
  • Replacer mods will not be in the package. Everything adds new stuff.
  • Lore-friendliness or STEP philosophy is not taken into account. But no weird stuff that is immersion-breaking is allowed.
  • Mods that are based on stuff from non-Elder Scrolls games are not allowed. Don't want e.g. Warglaives of Azzinoth (WoW), would completely ruin the immersion.
  • NPC clothing improvements and bandoliers for NPCs are included.
  • Trying to select the best and nicest mods that can be safely added to STEP:Core. Nothing should replace the textures added by STEP:Core
At this stage everything is discussable and I would like to hear if you have any ideas for a weapon, armor and clothing package! 

Already added a selection of some of the top mods, totalling about 30 at the moment. Please have a look and let me know what you think. 

Would like:

1) suggestions on what to add or remove.

2) suggestions on armor mods. found much more nice weapon mods than armor mods so far.

2) your idea about a name for such a package. currently named WALL on the Wiki (Weapons Armor Loot and LeveledLists, but I decided Loot(ing) and LeveledLists (for e.g. monster mod/sic/etc.) deserves its own package)).

https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:WALL

• 3 months later...

I think one of the best most lore friendly Weapon and Armor mods are Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors.

This ;):

/snip

[*]Excluding Immersive Armors & Weapons because they are already used so widely, wanted to build something different that brings a novel experience to some people.

/snip

I'd recommend the following:

[*]Crossbows Basic Collection

[*]Shields of Skyrim

[*]Additional Amulets - Unenchanted Necklaces

[*]Armor Of Intrigue

[*]Bosmer Armor Pack

[*]Bucklers

[*]Elemental Arrows

[*]Menno HairFlowers

[*]Torcs

I haven't actually tested them all, but I played with some of them, and the rest are waiting in my queue to test in the future.

Thx for your suggestions. Back in october I was seriously considering making this pack. At the moment though I am too busy with SRLE/mempatch and perhaps actually playing the game again for once :P.

Next up is VEGA pack, which I'll btw alter to be more focused on combat & enemies, and after that I'll most likely continue with an equipment pack like this... Would be great if we could compile such a pack with a small group of people :)

• 2 weeks later...

While you're focusing on VEGA I do have a recommendation if you want to continue this.

Here's a shield mod that I think is really well done: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26344/?

Hi Crimson13,

I agree with you regarding the integration of this mod into this pack (I'm currently installing WALL over other packs :)).

alkira.

WALL has never evolved into more than a list of mods though... Compatibility probably won't be too much of an issue, but you should be aware that nothing has been tested.

Good evening,

Are you using the EN-LL version or not for Crossbows Basic Collection Mod?

I'd rather use the non-LL version (for stability purposes between mods) but I prefer to ask.

Thanks for any advice on that.

Alkira.

While you're focusing on VEGA I do have a recommendation if you want to continue this.

Here's a shield mod that I think is really well done: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26344/?

Hi Crimson13,

I agree with you regarding the integration of this mod into this pack (I'm currently installing WALL over other packs :)).

alkira.

WALL has never evolved into more than a list of mods though... Compatibility probably won't be too much of an issue, but you should be aware that nothing has been tested.
I've guessed that but it doesn't matter too much for me.

I will patch everything (if needed) to make it work as it.

Actually, I will make a patch for each pack I am to use and merge all in one after testings one by one. My long journey has already begun :cool:.

Edit1: that said I will include your VEGA-Extended pack as well.

Edit2: thanks for your reply, I appreciated.

Alkira.

• 7 months later...

Man, it has been a while since I have looked around on here. I can't believe this hasn't expanded!

Thx for your suggestions. Back in october I was seriously considering making this pack. At the moment though I am too busy with SRLE/mempatch and perhaps actually playing the game again for once :P.Next up is VEGA pack, which I'll btw alter to be more focused on combat & enemies, and after that I'll most likely continue with an equipment pack like this... Would be great if we could compile such a pack with a small group of people :)

I understand that you are working elsewhere but I would love to continue adding suggestions and testing this pack. If you're okay with more suggestions being posted, the only thing I would want to do is be able to change the wiki article on this mod.

Even if I can't change the wiki, I would still love to work with everyone in adding a bunch of mods to the list. I'm currently going through my list of mods that I have used to find the best for this pack.

The meshes & textures from Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament look really great, and I don't think the Default/Shrouded option would detract from the STEP mandate. Too bad the mod comes with so much additional stuff and does not replace every occurrence of the (Worn) Shrouded Armor (for instance Assassins from random encounters will still wear the vanilla outfit).

That's an excellent point. I'll have to look into removing some of the OP enchantments and having it be for all NPC assassins. Not sure if the author is still working on it, but I'll definitely look into that.