88 replies to this topic

#16 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

It doesn't make much sense how it could be breaking AA like this. It really sucks. :(

#17 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I am using the latest version with just this ini. Delete all other enb files except just the d3d9.dll and than save the following as enbseries.ini

#18 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

I am using the latest version with just this ini. Delete all other enb files except just the d3d9.dll and than save the following as enbseries.ini

Not sure what that was a response to, but if it was to the issue with no AA then it wouldn't help me much as I am using my own ENB settings with changes to all .fx files etc that I've spent way too much time perfecting (including DoF etc) to work with RCRN flawlessly. :) Can ofcourse try it and see if AA still bugs out this way though just for kicks!

Edit: Tried it and no change, though I doubt that response was to the no-AA issue anyway :)

#19 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

So here are two screenshots with close to the same view that Vond was using. The first is with no ENB and AA disabled in game (nVidia profile reset to defaults). The second is with ENB, AA settings in game set to 4x, nVidia profile set to enhance the application value, 4x4SSAA, 4xSGSSAA.

Posted Image - Posted Image

I'm using a custom ENB ini for vanilla look and disabled everything except shadows. The screens look identical. Texture shimmer occurs in both, though I believe it's worse with ENB enabled.

#20 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Its just a vanilla shadows only implementation, without the fx files you won't get any additional processing besides just the shadows.

#21 Spiffyman

Spiffyman

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Someone uploaded an enb series 110 that only affects the shadows (no other effects). https://skyrim.nexus...e.php?id=16951a

#22 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Its just a vanilla shadows only implementation, without the fx files you won't get any additional processing besides just the shadows.

Still has the same issue though, AA didn't work at all with only d3d9.dll + the .ini and no .fx files. So it's something in the .dll. There was a similar issue in early 0.109 release that Boris fixed pretty quickly, though he claims there should be nothing making changes to AA in 110 :/

#23 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Someone uploaded an enb series 110 that only affects the shadows (no other effects). https://skyrim.nexus...e.php?id=16951a

I just tried that config, same result in regards to getting no AA.

But that config breaks something. A lot of cloud cover on mountains are black.

#24 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Really looking forward to a stable release that works for ATI. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :) Hats off to Boris for all the hard work though. Looks promising when it works.

#25 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Here's a pic in the same loc as the last 2 screens with the 0.109 dll and ini instead:
https://i.imgur.com/0jOI6.jpg
As you can AA works perfectly well there, and the ONLY difference is that it uses 109 rather than 110

#26 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Glad he made that, that's who I got the idea of dropping the .fx files from

Strange that nobody else reporting loss of AA but you guys, you got great eyes to notice right away :thumbsup:

#27 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think no one else is reporting it because the majority of folks use FXAA or SMAA, which being postprocess will still clean up jaggies. What I'm more surprised in is that no one complains about texture shimmer when using those solutions.

#28 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, post-process AA works, but as s4now mentioned it doens't fix the really bad texture-shimmering that's present only with 0.110

#29 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

I tried disabling shadows to see if it may be something in that portion of the code. Everything currently disabled using the ini I posted earlier for a vanilla look, and it's still breaking AA.

#30 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

0.111 released with a bunch of fixes for ATI. Still no fix for the issues we were having though sadly as can be seen here:
https://i.imgur.com/n0tib.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users