ENB 0.110 Released

Someone else reported that earlier, it seems like a good topic for the troubleshooting section. Feel free to add it.

Hm, where else was that reported? o_O Been searching pretty much everywhere on the net all day and tried every single seting that I possibly could before changing it randomly because I was gonna play Morrowind for a few minutes (and that requires it off with the mods I use). Anyway updated the discussion page under Troubleshooting, simply added to the text about disabling Steam Overlay that this can also fix these issues. :)

found one reference in these forums I'm pretty sure there was another more specific reference elsewhere though.

Ah yeah there was a line there saying SMAA might be incompatible with Steam Overlay (which it isn't though, there is a fix for it in the ini for SMAA with 1.1 and 1.2), didn't bother checking that thread though as SMAA wasn't the issue. :) Anyway, considering this had issues in the past I guess I should've considered that earlier for ENB too.. Ah well, one day lost, not the end of the world!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some quick testing with the different shadow quality settings just to make sure the overlay wasn't the problem in the comparisons I did. They still look pretty much the same, and low still causes a lot of pixelation.

One problem I just came across is on water as can be seen below.

Posted Image

It's causing the water to become transparent so I can see the riverbed and any vegetation. What's interesting is that it mainly shows up where there is mist/spray from the water. When the mist dissipates, you can see the water normally. Get a large spray, and roughly 75% of that portion of the river is landscape texture. It's also occurring on the edges of the river regardless of mist/spray.

Is there any reason that installing ENB would cause skyrim to constantly crash? It was (mostly) perfectly stable before adding ENB last night. I'm running STep 2.1.1b using Mod Manager and RCRN as my lighting modifier.

Is Dynavision or Imaginator incompatible with ENB?

The enbseries.ini I'm using is the one from stoppingby4now.

Is there any reason that installing ENB would cause skyrim to constantly crash? It was (mostly) perfectly stable before adding ENB last night. I'm running STep 2.1.1b using Mod Manager and RCRN as my lighting modifier.

Is Dynavision or Imaginator incompatible with ENB?

The enbseries.ini I'm using is the one from stoppingby4now.

Temporarily disable RCRN and see if it still causes CTD's. Did you also make sure to set the enbseries.ini to read only? If you don't, ENB will repopulate it with missing data and it may cause problems.

Update from Boris:14 may 2012

Updated 0.111 KAGE for TES Skyrim. I'm such a fool! Did a mistake in

the code of detection vendor and after fixing it, ATI works. Purchased

videocard for nothing, nice. At least i got experience that ATI is bad,

too much negative factors accumulated.

My Comments:

It looks like ENB is working properly for my ATI card now, I just need

to figure out how to make RCRN/ENB work together without making the

image too dark.

Optimally I want his new performance SSAO, New Shadows, and Bokeh DOF.