New Videos

deathneko11

Question

9 answers to this question

@all. Deatneko11 and I talked about this (because it was not clear to me)  and he elaborated:

For example, wiki explains how to install MO then link my mini tutorial for installation. Next step in wiki is to install python, then link my video on python installation. Then wiki describes setting up MO, then link my video for editing MO settings to get it set up. Basically I'm willing to do a short video for each step of the MO wiki to be plugged into the wiki and also set up as a full playlist on youtube.

What do you all think are the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.

So I was wondering if anyone else thought this might be a good idea? Also, I need to know who exactly would be the people I need to keep in touch with in regard to this idea/project, so that any work I can do will be fluidly in conjunction with the wiki work. I already have an idea of some people but some confirmation would be nice.

I think this is a good idea.

Looking through the wiki I would like to see at least one video for the tabs that have a little bit of information, like the setup tab. Tabs that have a lot of information, like user interface, would need more short videos to explain each sub-header. Ex: one for Toolbar, one for Right pane and so on. I think a short ten minute video would more likely watched in its entirety than a thirty minute video with everything crammed into it.

I haven’t touched the wiki yet. I been changing shifts at work and my wake sleep cycle is messed up. Couple that with the construction I have going on at home, try sleeping when someone is banging on the walls, has left me just trying to get rest when I can. I will try to be more proactive when things settle down.

My aim has always been to steer clear of gopher like videos, even my original two that are long are only so because of how much information is in them.

Btw who all is working on the wiki?

DoubleYou 80% to 90%

wolverine2710 10% to 20%

Myself 0.0001%

That's about the size of contributions to date wolverine2710 is increasing and DoubleYou decreasing, purely because wolverine2710 started last and is catching up not that DoubleYou's efforts have decreased. Plus DoubleYou being Chief Editor (due to making early going and knowing layout and format better) is editing and rearranging wolverine2710's effort as required by masterplan. I seem to be organising things more as a whole and trying to co-ordinate our efforts. Which reminds me. I've a promoting better use of available info post to write. Things are slowly heading in right direction though and none of us have big ego's so doing what we can when we can is more important overall.