ENB 110 Shadow Comparisons

Yeah I don't notice any difference in fps with it set to false or true in the ini, SSAO is the only major impact on fps really. And well yeah you could grab that if you make sure to extract all the .fx files. Check out my post here though about an issue with turning everything except SSAO/DoF/Shadows/Parallax fix off: https://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=662&sid=ae5a144177b6f9179114b24373db3064&start=140

Been updating the ini quite a bit since the link I provided earlier (aswell as the sun/moon textures and the palette) but it's for RLwC rather than RCRN now and still a WIP anyway, but the .fx files are the same so don't see any real issues from using those except what I mentioned in that post on ENB forums I linked.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. Maybe my issue is related to the one you posted. I can't seem to get bloom without turning UseOriginalPostProcessing to FALSE.

EDIT: I might have to give up on that. Once I do that, the trees become semi-transparent (this is with vanilla skyrim with only enb, no STEP). You DoF is my favorite so far though.

@Spiffyman

I tried ENB Next Generation, it was good outdoors but indoors/dungeons was totally not good for me, too bright. I almost always play on the darkest/realistic setting when indoors/dungeons for the extra ambiance/realism.

@Vond

Wow, another version already... Boris is busy busy busy! Can barely keep up.

Just a quick question on something that has eluded me (like sooo many things):

Does the [PROXY] function in enbseries.ini only allow setting 1 (one) other renamed d3d9.dll or many?

Also I think someone may have mentioned this - I'm a bit hard of thinking atm - but how are the new shadows, parallax, etc., working with RLwC?

I posted something earlier (not sure where) and the responses sounded like you could only do one proxy. If you needed more, the Injector version of enb is a better option. That way you can have 1 d3d9 and a proxy d3d9 + the enb Injector. If I misunderstood the responses, than I could very well be wrong. :|

Still only one proxy if using injector (the one you name d3d9.dll). I couldnt get a 2nd proxy working when trying it quite some time ago atleast

Also I think someone may have mentioned this - I'm a bit hard of thinking atm - but how are the new shadows, parallax, etc., working with RLwC?

Perfectly :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies folks, a bit disappointing but maybe there's a work-around.

I really want to try one of the performance ENBs for the shadows and parallax (maybe a very light DoF but not especially bothered on that) but I'm also very impressed with my SMAA setup so if any other mods come along with d3d9.dll I may have to make some hard choices.

What you can do to add "2 proxys" is use fxaa2 injector shaders even without it's dll via effect.txt + SMAA injector

Example of a effect.txt for fxaa2 injector:

// FXAA Injector v2 default settings

#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING 0

#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN 0

#define USE_BLOOM 1

#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1

#define USE_TONEMAP 1

#define USE_SEPIA 1

#define USE_POST_SHARPEN 1

#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 6

float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.3885;

float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.1315;

float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.0545;

bool highQualitySharpen = 0;

float AverageBlur = 0.45;

float CoefficientsBlur = 1.3333;

float CoefficientsOriginal = 2.3333;

float SharpenEdge = 0.205;

float SharpenContour = 0.055;

float BloomThreshold = 18.5;

float BloomPower = 1.892;

float BloomWidth = 0.0284;

#define TechniAmount 0.33

#define TechniPower 4

#define redNegativeAmount 0.99

#define greenNegativeAmount 0.99

#define blueNegativeAmount 0.99

#define Gamma 1.05

#define Exposure 0.15

#define Saturation 1.125

#define Bleach 0.25

#define Defog 0

#define ColorTone float3(1.30, 1.02, 0.68)

float SepiaPower = 0.11;

float GreyPower = 0.22;

float Sharpen = 0.07;

#include "Data\shaders\fxaa2.fxh"

This enb config seems nice. It doesn't change too much from the screenshots. It doesn't have DoF or SSAO so performance shouldn't be hurt too much either. I think I'll try this one (since it doesn't change much, that means RCRN or RLwC is needed for darker nights and such).

This enb config seems nice. It doesn't change too much from the screenshots. It doesn't have DoF or SSAO so performance shouldn't be hurt too much either. I think I'll try this one (since it doesn't change much, that means RCRN or RLwC is needed for darker nights and such).

I've recently found Stakado Realistic and Cinematic ENB and after trying many (6+) different ENB configs from around the nexus I think I may stick with this one for awhile.

In case you wanted to try I'm using 4.0 Realistic Version A (Ultra) quality with no tweaks other than I set my in-game brightness slider to 2 or 3 below center (author recommends 3 above center but thats too bright for me). Be sure to follow the instructions and set the proper settings in IMAGINATOR.

Nights are sufficiently dark when it's cloudy and sufficiently bright when it's clear... seen some of the best scenery with this mod so far. The sun is quite bright, but then again in real life it is too. I'm using it standalone, no RLwC or RCRN. This setting really kicked my fps down but the image is beautiful. I may try a more performance setting in a bit but for now I'm just enjoying the visuals.