OT. Can anyone recommend a freeware backup software program.

wolverine2710

Question

Off topic like I said. I'm going to fill in the section "Backup Mod Organizer files" in the advanced tab of the S.T.E.P. MO wiki. At the end I wanted to recommend a few suitable for the task freeware backup programs. I did a 1 minute google search and found these four links. 1 2 3 4.

Question:

What freeware backup system do you use for for example backing up your Mod Organizer files.

Why do you like/prefer that software

I think that the minimal requirements would be to be able to backup certain directories/files and having incremental saves (preserving space) and being able to restore individual directories/files for a certain date.

This post is not intended to start a war over what is the best backup software. I just like to have a list of a few good/suitable programs for the wiki.

Edit: Added the links.

10 answers to this question

Well I can recommend Paragon Backup I think the free version can do individual folders, haven't had need to use it in a while so I can't attest to the versions in the last year or so. I have a paid license for it Macrium Reflect here somewhere though because it was well worth the cost. I know Macrium Reflect doesn't have specified folder backup in the free version though. All of the EaseUS programs I've used have been reliable I haven't used their Todo Backup though.

What I do is about once a week go into my Mod Organizer folder and select the profiles folder and right click (I have 7-zip on my context menu) and say add to archive and then name it with the date.

I don't use backup software myself, but I get 90% of all my freeware software from LiberKey 

If you look at their database of programs (via pplications > browse catalog) or alternatively install LiberKey and browse from within that (there are literally hundreds of excellent software applications in LiberKey), I'm sure you will find a free backup tool there.

This seemed OK though I didn't use it for long then got Acronis True Image Home 2013 with my PC, but it worked fine when I did use it. Though was not long or detailed enough to say I'd recommend it.

SyncBack Free - freeware version of the ultimate data backup software

Check these out I've got some great tools from here and about half the stuff I already know is good software, so you wont generally go wrong, if you read the reviews.

Best Free Hard Drive Backup Program - Gizmo's Freeware | Find the best freeware fast

If you go with any recommended here just check it does whats required, as they usually offer a range of tools and some have different features.

I'd suggest that the best way to backup files for something like this is copy and paste. That way you get identical files with "- copy" appended to it' date=' which can be renamed to the original file if necessary. That's what I do.[/quote']

Yeah that's what I do pretty much, as I said. I'd say save space on your hard drive and cut out the middle man. Make an archive of your profiles folder every now and then (major changes - additions or subtractions) and you should be good to go.