Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46465/?

I will get straight to the point: thus far, this mod has completely fixed my infinite load screen problems!

To elaborate, I have a semi-Skyrim Revisited: Legendary edition install (minus a few mods, plus quite a few others), all together I show 315 mods checked in Mod Organizer and 205 .esps all of which are optimized and nicely TES5Edited for incompatibilities.  I have been unable to do anything in Windhelm due to ILSs unless I remove SkyFalls at which point, I only have the occasional ILS.  I installed this simple mod (1 SKSE .dll file is all it is), and I have yet to experience even a single ILS, in all of the ILS heavy locations.  I went in and out of almost every building in Windhelm to test it just in that location.  Previously the best I could do was maybe 3 or 4 buildings tops, and with SkyFalls, not a single one.  I then tested other locations like Whiterun, Morthal, Riften, and Riverwood, no ILS.

I then decided to test it further by installing all Immersive Settlements plugins which I have NEVER been able to get to work without numerous ILSs on any of my builds.  Well, after installing Safety Load I have been able to visit every city, go in and out of taverns, in and out of Dragons Keep, Morthal, Windhelm, etc. and all without a single ILS.  I don't know what kind of script sorcery Kapaer has pulled but it has fixed my ILS problems that I have had with more than just a few different builds.  Of course I have yet to test it over several hours of actual gameplay but from the dramatic change I have seen thus far, I am confident it will hold up.

BTW, Kapaer is the same modder who gave us the ShowRaceMenu precache killer, which as far as I know, was the first mod to fix the formerly crazy instability of said menu and ApachiiSkyHair.

Accepted for 2.2.8

MT: We especially should be testing these *.dll code appendages together (Stable uGrids, Player Physics)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be fairly simple to test out Root... What ENBoost does is rather sensitive, so if there is any type of conflict then it should CTD...

Dunno not know if SKSE also works by hooking into the game engine, but if it does and they try to alter the same things then a conflict will be there obviously.

Was about to post a thread about this mod and jsut saw you already caught on to it. Nice to know that is the same author as ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer. Sounds like a legit solution to me but I'm really curious what kind of a 'hack'  this mod is and how it works in practice.

Most comments @ Nexus seem to suggest that it works... wtf :P

Should be fairly simple to test out Root... What ENBoost does is rather sensitive, so if there is any type of conflict then it should CTD...

Dunno not know if SKSE also works by hooking into the game engine,

I'm fairly sure this is exactly how SKSE works, which is why it took some time after each Skyrim update to get a new version of SKSE. It's not the only mod that does this. Nitpick and Smart Souls, and I'm sure some other mods, use hooks into the game engine.

but if it does and they try to alter the same things then a conflict will be there obviously.

Its good to note that he explains how it only fixes one type of ILS (when it is caused by overloading the game engine with too much content upon area transition basically).  I don't post on these forums much but I was so happy that this actually works for me that I figured everyone else should at least check it out as well.  I figured it was too good to be true, but I haven't had any other problems.  I currently run Seasons of Skyrim True HDR (fantastic performance and vanillaish ENB by the way) and use ENB boost and all of that, no issues on my side.

If any of you want to test it out, just throw in all of the Immersive Settlements plugins haha.  For me, they always guaranteed some pretty constant ILSs.  That is, until I installed Safety Load.  Yes, I realize I just sounded like a salesman.

Assuming this continues working as it is, it wouldn't replace a good, clean, well managed install of course.  I never really had problems with lots of broken or conflicting mods (thanks to the great community here), and my computer is plenty powerful for all of this, but I always feel compelled to push the poor Skyrim enginge to its limits by carefully adding more and more content.  That is when I run into problems, transition into world + too many objects, meshes, textures, scripts to load up, etc = ILS.  This mod seems to have fixed that problem though!

If I run into any issues, I will certainly post them here.

I just bumped up my current playthrough which had a couple ILS here and there. This seems to work even with the extra mods I added to really stress test this thing.

Gotta say that I was impressed when I could even use Immersive Settlements again without ILS, that mod always caused problems. ENBoost seems to be okay too. Maybe this guy just beat Altimor to the punch on figuring out one of the ILS issues.