Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

Thus far, after about 20 levels of using Safety Load on a somewhat modified Skyrim Revisited install (read: Skyrim Revisited plus a bunch more mods), I still have yet to get even a single ILS.  Yes, I do have the occasional CTD, but these don't even REMOTELY begin to approach how aggravating and game blocking the ILSs were.  I suppose if a person never has ILS problems in the first place, then there is no need for Safety Load as it would probably just increase CTDs.  But if you DO have ILS problems, it is absolutely worth it.  I have never had this stable of a modded Skyrim build, and it is also the most heavily modded one I have ever had. 

Just throwing my opinion in after having used it for many hours now.  Maybe it shouldn't be a part of core STEP or anything, but I think it should certainly be a recommended option for those wanting to modify beyond the core STEP setup.

Edit: I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but it should be noted that one thing kapaer implemented was for Safety Load to CTD upon detection of an unfixable ILS...a preferable alternative to sitting on a load screen forever, waiting to see if it loads or not.  This could explain some of the increased CTDs.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly sure many of the people having problems with Safety load are also using other SKSE plugins that may be conflicting.

You know... I wonderif it has to do with the position in the load order. You know the 128 plugin rule that was posted over on one of the forums.

I'm fairly sure many of the people having problems with Safety load are also using other SKSE plugins that may be conflicting.

You know... I wonderif it has to do with the position in the load order. You know the 128 plugin rule that was posted over on one of the forums.
I've had no problems with Safety Load and I've let BOSS sort it in the Load Order. Hopefully that helps. 

I don't remember who said it but someone before mentioned that the people reporting no problems tend to have 3gb of VRAM or more. I have a 7970 3gb so maybe there is some truth to that. The people I see reporting problems also tend to have 1 or 2 gb of VRAM.

The author seems unwilling to further develop his mod. In fact, it says on the mod page "If you still got problems after setting .ini, you cannot use this mod... Sorry."

Too bad the author can't hand this mod over to someone else willing to work on it. He hasn't even explained how the mod works...extremely frustrating.

HA' date=' guess I spoke too soon. I'm now getting CTDs when bringing up the Skyrim map. Only happens in some places.[/quote']

Same here, your previous post about the 1/2 GB video cards might be true for me as well. I've got a GTX 660 Ti so I'm within the 2gb range.

I do like Safety Load, I haven't had a IFL since using it. Unfortunately it does seem like I'm trading one problem for another, I've been CTD quite a bit and doing things that bring up the map or a menu sometimes causes crashes.

I hope that the author let's WilliamImm or others take a crack at it, the way it is now...yeah, thinking about not using it.

Yeah I get that Wyrmstooth spike on the part after leaving Wyrmstooth Temple and going back to the mining town. I can't even get back to the town before I get a memory limit crash. I used to get an ILS on the load screen after using that dwemer elevator, but now I don't. I think that one section of Wyrmstooth is just loading to much to play with a bunch of mods.

I thought that was uncharacteristically high, but with that much loaded I doubt I could live without SafetyLoad. ILS is such a game-breaker it's ridiculous, and losing MemInfo isn't a loss as it means I pay more attention to the game than the fps counter.

Does anyone know what kind of VRAM boost ugrids 7 needs? I want to try it to reduce pop-in (really bad when riding on a horse) but don't want to run into VRAM limitations just after I went from 2GB Tahiti LE to 3GB Tahiti Pro.