Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This appears to have compatibility issues with SkyUI for some users' date=' causing CTDs on entering inventory or barter screen. This can be fixed by editing SafetyLoad.ini and changing EnableOnlyLoading to true.[/quote']

Hopefully with the source code released, this can addressed.

Personally, I've experienced CTDs with SkyUI menus without this, so it may or may not be related to this plugin.

It would be great if anyone could get any improvement ideas out of the source for all the people having issues. Even using MemInfo along with it didn't give me any trouble, despite reading people advising against it because of conflict crashes. It would be nice to understand a little better.

The code itself is not really complex and it is actually kinda weird that no one came up with it earlier. Only 200 hundred lines or so.

200 hundred or 200? :)

I'm sure that's what they said to the first guy who invented the wheel =p

(more or less)

Made my morning! :hurr:

Along with Stable uGrids, this would seem to be a potential game stabilization 'package' if they play nicely together.

Anyone know of the technical status of each? Need some help browsing those Nexus threads and the Beth forums for answers ... and testing with STEP.

The mod description confirms testing this with both ENBboost and Stable uGridsToLoad ... both successfully.

I think Safety Load needs to be used with great caution, in that the graphical menu (inventory, spells, etc.) glitches it seems to cause appear to lead to corrupted data in your save game.

I've used it since version 1.0 extensively, and while using it saw graphical glitches in menus for the first time ever. I and a bunch of other people reported this in the comments thread, and then kapaer released a 1.1a test version to try to fix it. This seemed to help greatly, and so kapaer then released the 1.2 version which included that fix. However, I have continued to see menu glitches (very occasionally) and there are still reports from people in the comments thread of the same.

What was scary to me was that in my testing, if I got graphical menu glitches while using SL, and then saved my game after closing whatever menu was open, that save game was prone to CTDs soon after loading it. I even tried quitting Skyrim and disabling SL completely before loading that save game. From that, I have to assume it had been corrupted in some way.

Based on this, I'd highly recommend putting very clear warning/disclaimer text if SL will be listed in 2.2.8.

In the meanwhile, I've stopped using it and will only consider it a "last resort" tool for ILS troubles (if I ever get any) until somebody manages to adjust the source code so the graphical menu glitches are no longer seen.

I think Safety Load needs to be used with great caution, in that the graphical menu (inventory, spells, etc.) glitches it seems to cause appear to lead to corrupted data in your save game.

I've used it since version 1.0 extensively, and while using it saw graphical glitches in menus for the first time ever. I and a bunch of other people reported this in the comments thread, and then kapaer released a 1.1a test version to try to fix it. This seemed to help greatly, and so kapaer then released the 1.2 version which included that fix. However, I have continued to see menu glitches (very occasionally) and there are still reports from people in the comments thread of the same.

What was scary to me was that in my testing, if I got graphical menu glitches while using SL, and then saved my game after closing whatever menu was open, that save game was prone to CTDs soon after loading it. I even tried quitting Skyrim and disabling SL completely before loading that save game. From that, I have to assume it had been corrupted in some way.

Based on this, I'd highly recommend putting very clear warning/disclaimer text if SL will be listed in 2.2.8.

In the meanwhile, I've stopped using it and will only consider it a "last resort" tool for ILS troubles (if I ever get any) until somebody manages to adjust the source code so the graphical menu glitches are no longer seen.

I have experienced VERY similar issues with it. I've had a very stable mod set up. I won't describe all my experiences with this tool, too much writing and I'm at work. In summary - I do agree that it can corrupt your saves! It would also appear that the longer you play with it, the more frequent CTDs.

I also believe this tool was not tested enough and is not safe to recommend it for people to install in STEP 2.2.8. I therefore call for Admins and Release Coords to seriously rethink this addition. I would not personally recommend to use this, but:

The way I use it at the moment is that I haven't got it installed and whenever I get an ILS, I just check it in Mod Organizer and when the faulty transition loads (as the tool DOES prevent ILS, that's not questionable), I save my game, quit and deactivate the mod in MO again. I've only started doing it recently, after my old save was destroyed by this mod and this method seems to work. Note I have it configured to work only in loading screens and not in game.