Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

Every mod you add make the game more unstable :P

Ugrids 7 can be made stable... just not with silly large amounts of content mods.

Also this does not fix the issues of simply having too many scripts running at once...

But as long as it can hopefully fix issues due to spawning then I will be happy... would be nice to have a bit extra stuff going.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, the only thing that makes uGrids unstable (assuming you are using Safety Load and ENBoost) is the fact more scripts are being run because more objects and NPC's are being loaded. This is what has caused so many people with 100 hour save to lose their progress (could be somewhat inaccurate. Does anyone know the complete reason why?).

If you run uGrids 9 or 11 you might have more of a chance of crashing even with ENBoost because of the RAM cap. Boris has said himself that ENBoost won't fix it entirely if you overload your game with HD textures, HQ models, and city mods. ENBoost just provides a lot more cushion.

oh, btw. Someone should try out Open Cities again. Didn't Arthmoor stop working on it because update 1.9 screwed memory management and now his mod is plagued by ILS issues? It might still be ruined, but it would be worth a shot.

I'll need to make an image for the mod - this NEEDS to go on the hot files. In fact, it should be the Mod of the Month, maybe even Mod of the Year, for fixing a serious issue with the game. All we need now is a overhaul for the scripting engine so it doesn't choke as easily as it does.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Not an expert either, but I did a quick run last night in a heavy profile I ditched for ILS/CTD issues in some problem areas. Still needs trimming performance-wise, but in and out of buildings, exteriors, and a large one for me, 30 NPCS stuffed in the Bannered Mare - no crash, no ILS. I'm digging out older saves and throwing some things at them later tonight. Pretty optimistic so far. Holding out on using the phrase "absolutely effin' amazed" until later ;)

So I just tried the mod as well. Fired up my very first and biggest modded skyrim (400+ mods, heay texture packs). At the time, I thought I could throw anything at the game but - of course- my game was horrible, crashed a lot and after about lvl 15 I had tons of ILS/freezes. Stopped playing at lvl 28 because it was just getting too much. Just for the sake of testing, I loaded this old MO profile, rebuilt bash patch etc etc. Reloaded last save game. Played for 30 minutes, going through as many loading screens and running around intensive exteriors as much as possible. Not a single issue so far... Maybe it's luck but something feels so much more stable already... But yeah this is just from 30 minutes of testing a previously highly unstable game, so not coclusive evidence yet though.

Also some people now report at nexus that not only fixed their ILS & freezes, but even CTD's... 

Throw a ton of creatures in their, Monster Mod, Immersive Creatures, SkyTest, AV, Bellyache's New Dragons, Deadly Dragons, and Immersive Patrols for extra NPCs around. Then throw in Econ or Skyrim, Smart Cast, ASIS, and big overhaul with ugrids 7 or 9. That would for sure mess up some stuff in the game. I bet without the plugin you wouldn't even get the game to load.

OK guys,

I have a testing idea:

-> All LOD mods highest res

-> complete z-fighting fix (including the terrain manager tweaks)

-> Open Cities

-> Full HD options for any textures with checking via VMM whether 3 GB is exceeded or not.

Testing should be farely easy. Make a savegame in a city and exit out of it after reloading and vice versa. See when you've thrown enough at the game to cause you a reproducable ILS.

Test Loads:

1: No memory "enhancers"

2: Only Safety Load

3: Only ENBoost

4: Only Stable uGrids

5: Safety Load and ENBoost

6: Safety Load, ENBoost and Stable uGrids

If this mod fixes in all instances all of the ILS where it is active, and the people can post the numbers/graphs/anything from VMM, then I consider it a fix.

Throw a ton of creatures in their' date=' Monster Mod, Immersive Creatures, SkyTest, AV, Bellyache's New Dragons, Deadly Dragons, and Immersive Patrols for extra NPCs around. Then throw in Econ or Skyrim, Smart Cast, ASIS, and big overhaul with ugrids 7 or 9. That would for sure mess up some stuff in the game. I bet without the plugin you wouldn't even get the game to load.[/quote']

Wit a minute let's not get masochistic here........

Oh wait.  Yes, let's :devil:

If I was freezing from Deadly Spell Impacts' date=' can I add it back with this mod? This mod doesn't fix script overload issues, right? So I still have to watch that?[/quote']

From what I understand, it indeed does not touch script overload/papyrus engine issues.

However, a potential indirect effect of stabilizing the game in other ways might be that there will be more tolerance left for scripted mods. I'm just speculating now though :P

If I was freezing from Deadly Spell Impacts' date=' can I add it back with this mod? This mod doesn't fix script overload issues' date=' right? So I still have to watch that?[/quote'']

From what I understand, it indeed does not touch script overload/papyrus engine issues.

However, a potential indirect effect of stabilizing the game in other ways might be that there will be more tolerance left for scripted mods. I'm just speculating now though :P

Has anyone tested this with an overload of scripted mods to see if it's stable?

I JUST realized that Deadly Spell Impacts doesn't use any Scripts.....so there's no reason not to add it back now!!