Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

I think a lot of the "script overload" people talk about is actually the game trying to load AI, blood, decals, effects, etc at the same time. In which case it WOULD be fixed by a load stabilizer. Just theory craft ofc... latency is another matter entirely and that can be detected by the convenient horses script tester.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it really hard to hit what has been deemed a 'too high' latency (100+ms) though. Even with a combination of W&C, SkyRe, RN&D etc. the highest average CH latency I've ever seen is like 65ms with a very rare quick spike to 110. Most spikes are at 80 or so.

Well I tried it out today, and my results seem promising.

I have been running a test for a while now. Essentially I save right as I leave helgen, and then run by foot with a speedmult of 200 through riverwood to whitrun, whitrun to markarth, markarth to solitude, solitude to windhelm, and windhelm to riften. I take the main roads and I don't fast travel. As I approach each city, I enter the gates, visit the jarls palace (because its usually in the middle of the city and its usually the largest interior) and then leave.

Doing this on a completely unmodded skyrim I have been able to produce a ctd, an ILS, and a freeze. I have tested the crap out of my PC for hardware problems, and update drivers and windows, so the only thing to explain it is skryim has a game engine flaw that it universal, at least for me, no matter the mod setup. I have never been able to run this entire test without a crash before. Using safe load, I ran the whole thing successfully for the first time. This is with all but a few of the STEP Core texture mods (compressed and resized to 1024x1024, but with full res un uptomized HDDLC), the unnofficial patches, water, skyfalls and mills, distant details, and 101 bugs. This is an on going test I have been doing for weeks now, that predate this thread. I am going to try and run it again to see if I can reproduce my results.

With this setup on vanilla, I was having trouble on the path from solitude to windhelm, right as it gets snow around the dawnstar region. My game will no crash in this region 100% of the time, but it will crash regularly. With safe load I haven't experience a crash there yet, and I have been doing my best to focus test this.

To be clear, nearly all the crashes I get in my game are CTDs. This mod seems to have reduce my CTDs in ways that I haven't been able to produce even with vanilla. Tentatively going to say it works.

I didn't know that. Will have to play around with it more. It is my understanding that a higher ugrids is not recommended because of numerous issues. Maybe safety load can solve at least one of them; preventing game from crashing when entering and leaving cells.

Anywho, just repeated my results for a cross continent speed run. Again, this is a test that would fail on vanilla skryim unmodded and without the HDDLCs. I have managed to complete the test successfully twice now without failure, minus an experiment with higher ugrids in between.

Going to try and combo this with ENB booster tomorrow and see what might be possible. So far, unless it quite the coincidence, this thing seems to be helping a lot.

I played for about 4 hours with it last night. Too early to tell but so far so good. I was getting the odd ILS in the usual places. Whiterun, Solitude etc which was annoying but none last night. I was also getting a few random CTDs exclusively in dungeons. Doubt this will be the miracle cure for that (I imagine they are script related, though nothing is showing in logs) but every little bit helps.

Will put in a solid 8 hours later and see how it goes.