Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

Just wanted to report I played for about three hours and it was perfect!  It was a dramatically reduced mod load just under 100 esps but it was stable.

My next big question is if I'll be able to add back Wet and Cold.

I found that when I uninstalled this mod my stability was dramatically improved BUT I really do miss it.  I'm going to try it out next.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to report I played for about three hours and it was perfect!  It was a dramatically reduced mod load just under 100 esps but it was stable.

My next big question is if I'll be able to add back Wet and Cold.

I found that when I uninstalled this mod my stability was dramatically improved BUT I really do miss it.  I'm going to try it out next.

Same here but with Deadly Spell Impacts.

Okay so tested with Wet and Cold.  In about 30 minutes when travelling from Whiterun to Dawnstar... Boom CTD.  

Game was rock solid like never before with safety load and about 100 esps.  So looks like now WC for me.  To bad because I really do enjoy the mod but I have come to the conclusion that my stability goes through the roof without it.

Cheers 

Kant

@go2kant you can disable some of the features from W&C that are most intensive, like putting clothing/rain gear on npcs.

I just did another test. Had full  vanilla skyrim + ddsopted vanilla textures and used only gameplay mods (to make sure it wasnt texture overload).

Used console commands to level all melee skills, light armor and the wayfarer tree of SkyRe (which supposedly is very script intensive) to lvl 130 and then played the game. Without Safety Load, I crashed within 15 minutes. Tried that twice, both times it crashed. With Safety Load, I didnt crash for nearly 1 hour. Tested every corner of exterior skyrim and moved a couple times in and out of known ils load issue areas.

Used the following mods (no compatibility patch was created):

SIC

SkyRe

Frostfall

OBIS

Immersive Patrols

Touring Carriages 

Wet and Cold (all features enabled)

Achieve that

Convenient Horses

Extensible Follower Framework (got myself 2 followers to dothe test with)

Follower Trap Safety.

That this test has so far been succesfull doesn't necessarily mean anything. But the fact that no issue popped up is quite astonishing, I didn't expect it to be THAT good. Once again, no texture mods were used so the strain on the engine wasn't maximized.

*** Starts to get over-excited about super massive mod lists :D ***

Does anyone have any thoughts about all the CTD reports? I personally think that people are quite quick to report them. :p (which in turn make me skeptical on whether or not they are accurate). One guy wrote:

"I've tested this plugin the whole day now, must've been 12 hours or so, and hadn't any CTD. I can save my game, open the map, open the inventory, everything works. Nexus Mod Manager says I have 188 mods active.

My guess is that the reported CTDs are not directly related to this plugin.

If these problems would happen to me, I would try to disable ALL mods (including SweetFX and all that crap) and load an absolutely clean save with unedited inis. After that, I would try to reproduce the crashes. Then enabling the mods step by step in small groups. And only if the crashes occure with no other mods enabled I would drop a line about problems with CTDs."

What do you all think?

I think one of the unfortunate side effects of release something like this is that when people CTD, guess who's thread they are going to report it on?

I think most of the Nexus users comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I shall wait until someone who undoubtedly knows what their talking about reports an issue =p

Same reason why Boris just cba. to deal with nexus anymore.

Just way too many users who run into issues that they think this is supposed to help with. When at the end of the day it is just because they have way to unrealistic mod lists and settings.

Advanced mod lists is not just plug n play. It requires that you spend a few weeks on getting to know all the basics.

I have tested this new mod since it was released the 5th. (10 hrs played with it) I must say I didn't have a single ILS, where usually I have one each 1-2 hrs. So it's surely working.

I even managed to enter Helgen Keep Dungeon, which I couldn't enter for a long time, but this mod fixed it!

However, I also have some rather annoying possible side effects: When I'm playing for a while and I open my game menu/map/inventory I get some weird graphical bug:

https://i.imgur.com/o8iqjcj.jpg

I can close the menu just fine, but when I open it again, I get an instant CTD.

I never had any graphical issues before and when I disable SafetyLoad I have ILS again, but no more graphic bug + CTD in the game menus. So I guess I have to make a choice between those 2 issues.

I'm not an expert on this. It may be a mod conflict, but I'm not sure at all. So I'll just wait for now.

I have tested this new mod since it was released the 5th. (10 hrs played with it) I must say I didn't have a single ILS, where usually I have one each 1-2 hrs. So it's surely working.

I even managed to enter Helgen Keep Dungeon, which I couldn't enter for a long time, but this mod fixed it!

However, I also have some rather annoying possible side effects: When I'm playing for a while and I open my game menu/map/inventory I get some weird graphical bug:

https://i.imgur.com/o8iqjcj.jpg

I can close the menu just fine, but when I open it again, I get an instant CTD.

I never had any graphical issues before and when I disable SafetyLoad I have ILS again, but no more graphic bug + CTD in the game menus. So I guess I have to make a choice between those 2 issues.

I'm not an expert on this. It may be a mod conflict, but I'm not sure at all. So I'll just wait for now.

I have experienced the same graphic bug when I activated this mod. I've never had or even seen it before, and when I deactivated Safe Load, it never occured again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That on your screenshot is called artifacting. It usually occurs when the gpu is overheated, too much OC, or VRAM is going belly up. It can also happen at random intervals (I had it a couple of times in Vanilla Skyrim). That will not go away when saving and reloading not until the cell has reset. If it does go away by reloading, it's one of the prior causes.

Possibly this mod's changes to memory management screw some things up in SKSE which then affects SkyUI and the ingame menus.