What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?

What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?

• 1 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81+ (using tools like Uncapper)

As per the subject. I'm quite interested to find out what level other people managed to level their characters to? When replying, please state if you used STEP or not at the time - just out of interest.

Mine was level 36 and I wasn't using STEP at the time :(

I've never seen higher levels content in game unfortunately, when I found out about STEP I started to spend more time modding than playing! As is the case for many many people here... :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat as you. Highest I have attained is level 43 before STEP. After STEP the highest I have gotten to is 27, lol. I spend most if my time modding and testing. One if these days though I will actually sit down and do a complete play through....who am I kidding? Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ha! I did manage to complete the main quest at some point though, but I was rushing through it with mostly vanilla game (Unofficial Patches + big texture pack installed only) and I didn't get very high level.

Would you mind voting in the poll, please? It will be nice to kind of have percentage level achievements of STEP community :)

I noticed that not using fast travel always made me level up fast because of all the crafting stuff you get along the way. The way I set up Uncapper at the moment nerfs those skills down to 25%, so no more crafting spam, but I had an early save that got up to 72 or so. I actually ended up hating the character by the end because you run out of things to do and there are leveling up skills becomes a grind, plus you are good at everything so it is totally boring to fight.

I've gotten to the point of putting really skewed limits on my skills in uncapper to change the way that I play each character. I will limit skills to 50, make them only contribute <50% to PC level, slow the leveling of those skills way down, and just add the differences to the skills I want my character to have. Makes the game so much more fun to play when you are actually role playing and leveling up doesn't make you feel like a jack-of-all-trades.

Yeah, I always set Uncapper accordingly to the character I role-play. Currently, as I want to play warrior Nord (main quest + Wyrmstooth + Companions + Fight The Thalmor quests), I have it set so that my weapon and armor skills contribute more to levelling and they level faster, but all magic skills are capped at 20-30. My Nord hates magic and he's even hesitant towards using any enchanted weapon at the moment (his attitude will change at higher level - role play). The thief skills are capped in mid range, as he's not so good at sneaking etc. Speech is high as well, as he's an intelligent character, my Fjoldvik :D

Basically, I like to nerf my characters, give them advantages and disadvantages, as much as Skyrim engine and my mods allow, and properly role play them, rather than have a master-of-all skills badass that will 1 shot anyone and anything.

47 and ongoing, if I feel the need. But the game just becomes too easy at some point, no matter what you do to enhance the difficulty.

Currently I'm doing a Requiem playthrough and I love it! It's insanely fun (especially in conjunction with hard times (requiem patches), needs mods, new creature mods, etc.). And really it's a new way you look at the game. You feel like you're in a world, not in a game. The people around you are not mobs, but really tough sobs...

Let's say Requiem pushes Beth's intentions for how to change from Oblivion to Skyrim to the extremes. Bows are (initially slower) but really deadly.

You get one-shotted by most things all the time (I'm playing a mage without armor...)

So saving is ESSENTIAL.

I played Skyrim for a total of 2 days, after which I spent a week getting SR set up. A few months later I'm at lvl28, having just put the difficulty from Adept to Master. Arrows are incredibly OP imo - even on Master sneak 3x+elven bow is a two shot kill max from lange range for most stock creatures, and (most annoying) my super-heavy armour does nothing to save me from a single bow shot.

I don't know the physical realities, but I end up saving every 2 mins during a battle to avoid being killed by a random arrow.

Anyway, after these few months of on-and-off gameplay I really want some more mods - SkyRe mainly, and lots of the VEGA Extended mods look interesting. That said, more mods=new game, and I honestly don't think I can be bothered to deal with that right now, or stability testing. I'd also like to finish the game, but that's not likely to happen either :/

I had a blast playing skyre sometime around version 19. I got up to level 80, and it was tough until about level 60, and then I couldn't sleep on stuff until I got into the 70s. An old school rpg fan, I rather enjoy getting to uber high levels and wrecking everything. The trade of it that high level needs to be difficult to get through or its not really worth playing.

I have been hearing so much good stuff about requiem. I read the change log... so much stuff I fundamentally disagree with. Might have to try it out though and see how it actually feels.

Part of the reason I have altered the bow tree so that the crit and dmg. nodes are not as powerful... since guess what... Falmer archers get them too, and they will one shot you on higher difficulties.. since well the scaling modifier is not really designed around the extra 400% dmg they do.

And call me old fashioned... but any game where you get one shot is just not fun! It is also not fun to oneshot enemies in a game like skyrim all the time!

Well... I know I was around lvl 74 or so when I stopped playing Skyrim last year between mid-late September to November. I completed the main quest and everything but hadn't even gone through all the dungeons mainly just the ones for the quests. Crafting, and the wilderness animals got me the rest of the way pretty much. This was with S.T.E.P. 1.6.0 I think... it was back when STEP was a PDF and it was a month old or so.

There were few scripted mods and I don't think I ever crashed once using that setup once I got the load order right and my textures under control (this was on my G73SW gaming laptop with only 1GB of VRAM). I remember extended slider colors crashing me a lot since it used too much of my VRAM and stuff.