What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?

What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is the highest level you've ever reached in Skyrim?

• 1 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81+ (using tools like Uncapper)

I have reached level 58 on my first character. She was a stealth+sword+shield Redguard. By the level 58 i've completed everything I could find in Vanilla Skyrim. I wasn't using any mods then.

Well, after level 58 I just grinded the bug with Oghma Infinium and leveled to 81. But that doesn't count ofcourse :D anyway, I didn't play after that at all.

Now I'm playing my second serious (after L58 I played several characters up to level 20, not more) character (Dunmer illusion+alchemy+destruction+pickpocket) with STEP and some more mods, and I've finished some random and radiant quests, Dragonborn addon, half way through Dawnguard addon (don't know exactly, first time playing it, but the feeling is that I've past the middle of the plot already), done just a couple of quests for theives guild and college of winterhold - and I'm level 51. I think if I continue at this rate it could be 81 by the time I beat everything (although I don't think I would, cause I like lower level experience much more, and my mod list feels a bit messed up, and I don't bother such skills as 2-handed, armorer, heavy armor and block, and I don't want to reset any skills to legendary... to many reasons :D)

Oh and just in case, I always play Elder Scrolls games at the default difficulty only.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And call me old fashioned... but any game where you get one shot is just not fun! It is also not fun to oneshot enemies in a game like skyrim all the time!

+1!

You just need to play with more caution, if you are approaching bandit forts, camps or any enemy without care and or stealth then you are asking for trouble. If I get hit through the neck or in the head by an arrow then I don't fancy my chances of survival - and the same goes for enemies when I am sniping them. That said it has to be a heart shot or head shot (if light or non armoured) getting killed by an arrow anywhere else in the body should not happen - and that is annoying. I'm sure there must be a happy medium it all depends on your definition of immersion / realism / fun fantasy sword and sorcery game.

Too many variables there - I'll take the added danger, more fun to play with your heart in your mouth.

:)

The problem with arrows in skyrim is that there is only one hitbox for the PC... they do the same amount of dmg. if they hit your head or your foot.

I love to play on high difficulty and think out my moves as much as the next guy... but one shot arrows are just not fun. Just like it does not keep being fun to oneshot everybody while in stealth for the entire game.

Arrows in general have a dispropotional amount of dmg. compared to anything else in the game, but most of it comes from the perks.. and just a slight lowering of the percentages fixes a great deal of it, so arrows are still deadly, but not instant deadly.

The only thing I play with with instant kill chance is two handed power attacks to the face without blocking, in light armor....Since that is fair enough... considering how easy it is to either block or dodge two handed attacks.

• 1 month later...

I tested Requiem yesterday and I'm amazed! It's a whole another feeling of playing the game.

In Helgen Keep I kept fighting with Ralof to get through, shooting some arrows and dealing some damage, but not very much. I even got hit by an arrow, but somehow I lost only 1/3 of my HP. The spiders made me sh** bricks with their poison! Right after I got out of Helgen, I had to be really careful. Before me was a wolfpack with about 6 wolves! I had to sneak around them. Then, I walked into a bandit camp, which was warning me not to step anymore closer. So I turned around them and found a way to Riverwood. The world is much more dangerous and realistic now, thus you feel much more immersed. Imagine: You get out of Helgen as a weak prisoner. They had your hands cuffed. You grabbed some armor and a sword, but can't really handle it since you're not used to it. How should you be able to kill a wolfpack or a bandit camp right in the beginning, like you did in Vanilla easily? Makes much more sense I think. It gives the game a Gothic feeling (that's a cool old german RPG), where you're really weak in the beginning and even fear a lone wolf to attack. And with time, you train and become stronger and stronger.

However, when someone is turned off by being oneshot from Arrows in Requiem, you're free to adjust the arrow damage in the menu I think.

This is the time where I'll play through the game, I think, I just need to tweak the performance now. My highest lvl was 15 before. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Because you either need to make a "jack of all trade character" (and he sucks, because you lack perks - and why would you bother leveling heavy armor when you already are a master of light armor) or use Skyrim Uncapper (which makes you overpowered) to reach level >50.

True that, never thought of Jack of All Trades aspect.

Uncapper won't make you OP if you configure it properly. There is a setting that you can customise that makes the game calculate the data based on a capped skill limit (despite that skill being higher).

So you can have Archery calc capped at 100, but still level it up to allow you to gain PC levels and more perks. But all the damage etc. is then calculated as if Archery is still at 100.

• 3 months later...

I have a dark elf illusionist called Ashley somewhere. She got to around level 145, no uncapper needed, although I did rather abuse the "Legendary" skill mechanism.

Basically she got the Illusion Master skills and enough buffs to reduce the cost of illusion spells to near zero, then rolled the Illusion skill back to 15, wandered into Fort Greymoor and started chain casting Harmony. You can get three skill raises per cast at 15 skill, so you get back up to 100 quite fast. Then roll it back and repeat. You need to keep the illusion perks, but the extra levels generates plenty of extra perk points.

Also exploited alchemy somewhat; Hearthfire greenhouse to grow paralysis precursors, sell the potions, add perks to alchemy and speech, and when the money starts rolling in buy grand souls and work on the enchanting. That being how I got the illusion buffs in the first place. now I think on it.

I use the Uncapper but so far my...well to be honest I don't know if it's the most I've gotten but it's my current level right now, but on my save I'm at 579. I went Legendary once on all the skills just so I could have the little Skyrim emblem under all the skill trees. I mostly abused trainers, once you go through the game and especially once you get the Prowler's Profit from Barenziah's Crown money is hardly ever an issue anymore from all the gems.