RIP Jeff Hanneman.
War Ensemble is a small pack centered around the Civil War using ApolloDown's Civil War Overhaul with some smaller mods to enhance it.
@Everyone: I'm still looking for a few more mods to tweak the Civil War Questline, as long as they aren't full overhauls that will conflict with CWO, so please make suggestions.
REQUIRES A NEW GAME OR CIVIL WAR OVERHAUL WILL MAKE YOU SAD!!!
- STEP: Core
- Alternate Start - Lets you start as Legion or Stormcloak.
- Civil War Overhaul - Basis of the pack, adds in new elements to Civil War, like the ability to actually lose the war.
- Civil War Repairs - Repairs cities after a battle, so rubble and fire will disappear.
- Immersive Patrols - Battles and Civil War Plugin to add a bunch of war everywhere.
- Perfect Legionnaire - Former STEP mod for Legion troops, adds in some armor flair.
- aMidianBorn Stormcloak Officer Armor - This will be included until it is part of Book of Silence and STEP: Core.
- UltraHD Stormcloak and City Guards - Really good textures for Stormcloaks
- Bonus/Optional: Dragon Combat Overhaul - You will have to do at least one dragon fight to finish the Civil War Questline.
- War Ensemble Patch - Mostly done, need a finished STEP: Core patch to merge with.
- Secondary module: Collection of STEP: Extended mods to enhance gameplay (EBT, BSFE, DSI....)
So far this has been tested without any causing any crashes, freezes, ILS, and corrupt saves through 20+ hours of testing. This was also before Safety Load released, so it should be even more stable with that. There are few small bugs that can pop up while using CWO, since it is so complex. The key is to save often and if you experience a bug just reload from you last save, usually one quest back and it should work the next time. The Civil War was extremely buggy to begin with and probably why it was so unfinished in the first place, so don't expect any miracles.
Using Alternate Start will allow you to jump right into the war if you just want to do a power run through the Civil War by choosing to start as Legion or Stormcloak. You will need to fight at least one dragon to advance the Whiterun part of the quest so Dragon Combat Overhaul is recommended, but definitely not essential.
I'm currently waiting for a few things to happen for the STEP: Core patch to come together, and then I will have a finished patch to distribute with this pack that will include the STEP: Core patch merged into a patch for this pack.
EDIT: Okay I added the links since the Nexus was being weird earlier for me.
EDIT: Apparently I don't have Pack permission on the wiki so I'll create the page when I do.