Texture Comparison Tool?

Nearox

Question

Yeah just something where I can put one texture to left side of screen and other to the right... GIMP or photoshop are probably too complex for my needs... Just want a handy tool where I can compare texture from one diretory to textures from another.  If such a prog even exists :)

I'll look into your suggestions though, thanks, might try GIMP but will try compressonator first.

Z recommended using Compressonator and I've been using it for a long time for this and some other functions. The viewer in DDSopt is also quite useful since it shows the alpha channel separately and can show a picture of the differences between two versions of the same texture.

Is it possible to comapre 2 different textures in DDSopt? I only know the function to compare the same texture with ebfore and after compression shots. 

You can open two instances of DDSopt and compare side by side. Rather clumsy I know but..

if you download Langleys wood and stone workshop mod, it comes with a DDS viewer, it is by far the best viewer for textures IMO, since its only purpose is for viewing textures. It also gives you basic infos about compression format, can use hotkey to toggle the alpha channel blend, or view only the alpha channel, etc.

download this texture pack, the app is included https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26269/?

Posted Image

yeah. it would be nice to determine the origin of the tool. i spoke with langley about it in the past, but she is not the author of. she just included it in the texture pack. i suppose it's not too important, but would be nice to have an alternative download location in case the texture pack is removed for one reason or another.

actually, that is where the viewer came from that I linked to in Langley's texture pack. WTV.exe is Windows Texture Viewer, at the very bottom. Now that we have an official source, we should definitely link to it somewhere in the step guide.

@nearox: yeah that thumbnail viewer is a nice addition :thumbsup: nice find, i dont know how ive never seen that legacy page :)

Edit: although, i can't seem to get it working. it's basically just a dll library (ddsView.dll) without any associated files. I assumed it was supposed to give thumbnail previews of dds files when browsing through textures in windows explorer. i dont know what needs to be done to get it working. i tried messing with some folder settings, etc. but no avail -- If you got it working let me know what you did. Maybe it only works on older windows versions (since it is legacy software)