9 replies to this topic

#1 doveman

doveman

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

As with SMIM, XCE doesn't really give any instructions on how to install the performance version. Could someone clarify please?

#2 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

There is no performance version

#3 doveman

doveman

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ah, in that case it needs the green (FPS) removing from the guide.

#4 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

I was wondering about that one aswell tbh, I don't use XCE myself as I use other mods for that, but I remembered (and downloaded to re-check before answering your post, ty swedish internet) that it had some optional files but that none of them are performance options.

#5 doveman

doveman

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Are these other mods you use available in performance versions? If so, perhaps you could let me know what they are and I'll try those instead of XCE.

#6 Vond

Vond

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

No, and they're much higher resolution than XCE is so if you're looking for low-res option that's definitely not the right move. XCE really isn't all that bad for performance at all anyway, as far as I recall

#7 doveman

doveman

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

OK, thanks I'll see how it goes with XCE then.

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

I found no performance-friendly version of XCE, and that mod should cost little to nothing performance-wise to run. I have the performance flag omitted in my own notes for the next update... TC will need to confirm, but that seems right.

#9 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

There is no performance version but there did use to be an uber version thats probably where the tag came from, and again this is a VRAM issue nothing to do with performance.

#10 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

There is no performance version but there did use to be an uber version thats probably where the tag came from, and again this is a VRAM issue nothing to do with performance.

We should all agree on a definition for "performance".

I take this term very generally, so to me, it means any "reclamation" of otherwise-consumed computing resources, whether it be CPU/GPU (in terms of FPS) or GPU (in terms of VRAM).

Seems reasonable, no? We can also be more explicit I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users