NPC addition recommendation

Hey Folks,

my setup is mostly complete now, but I'm still thinking about adding some NPCs to the world. Two mods in particular caught my interest:

Populated Cities Towns Villages by RS

and

Inconsequential NPCs by Ripple

Aside I'm on baseline STEP+Relighting Skyrim+ELE+Requiem. I'm relatively conservative when it comes to new NPCs, while I install those mods to enrich the flavor of the game I would like to not notice NPCs from mods because of dialogue or voice acting.

Do you think they are lore friendly and immersive? Did you hear of any problems with them? Most importantly: did you uninstall one of them and if yes could you tell me why?

Do you have any other addition that I should look into?

Thanks in advance,

Spock

Hey Spock,

Since I've always felt that Skyrim and especially the major cities feel a bit empty I've tried both of these mods but unfortunately neither of them met my standards. I'll explain why:

First of all Populated Cities Towns Villages: This mod is inspired by the outdated "Populated Cities" and tries to do pretty much the same but without using scripts. Therefore, in contrast to Populated Cities, it does not bloat your save files and doesn't induce any stability problems. However, in my opinion the newly added NPCs don't act as intelligently as they did with the old mod. You'll see a lot of people just standing around in a bush or in the middle of the road doing nothing because their path is blocked by another NPC. This especially bugs me in the major towns' taverns where ten people or so are standing right in the center of the room staring at the wall. It does work very well in the smaller settlements. You'll probably have to try it out for yourself. But for me it doesn't work because I'm constantly reminded that it's not part of the original game.

Secondly 'Inconsequential NPCs": I recently downloaded Interesting NPCs -which I can only recommend- and was absolutely astounded by its quality. Sadly, for me Inconsequential NPCs doesn't even come close in terms of voice acting and character writing. Thus it just feels out of place.

Keep in mind that's just my opinion and to really make sure you'll have to try it out yourself.

Thank you, that's exactly the kind of assessment that helps me decide. I will have a look into Cutting Room Floor (this will almost certainly make it into my load order, Arthmoor is a name that stands for very high quality imho) and Interesting NPCs.

Do you know if Interesting NPCs is fully voiced?

Do you know if Interesting NPCs is fully voiced?

Yes it is and most if not all voices are high quality and in many cases I didn't even know that the person I was talking to had been added by a mod or if I had just missed them in previous playthroughs. Plus, in the upcoming patch 3.03 the mod author is going to add a function where you can disable a character's custom voice and further on the NPC will remain but with a generic vanilla voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

my setup is mostly complete now, but I'm still thinking about adding some NPCs to the world. Two mods in particular caught my interest:

Populated Cities Towns Villages by RS

and

Inconsequential NPCs by Ripple

What kind of NPCs? Companions? *plzplzplz*

Or some more mobs around the world would be nice, since I pretty much killed everything after what must be over 1000h of gameplay now^^