Cutting Room Floor (by Arthmoor)

torminater

• 1 month later...

That Consistent Older People patch is how I learned about CRF. There is a COP compatible with both BOYD and CRF. CRF  is cool and I'm glad it was implmented because I have some questions about it. What do you guys think of the order for loading and file overwriting in MO. I'm getting this message in MO right now,

• Move Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource after Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
  • Move RaceCompatibility with fixes after Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource
  • Move Cutting Room Floor after RaceCompatibility with fixes
  • Move Alternate Start - Live Another Life after Cutting Room Floor

although it may change once I install Enhanced Blood and get rid of Brawl BugsPatch I just haven't made it that far down the list yet.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've seen a few people say this mod conflicts oddly with Wet and Cold, but I suspect it's something else. Both a vanilla dialogue and CRF dialogue when first going to Whiterun will trigger with missing NPCs and the culprit appears to be WaC IF the weather is bad. The vanilla dialogue is the blacksmith lady and the Battleborn fella who is trying to order weapons. The CRF dialogue is the stables scene with Uthgerd and that other fella (one of the first examples users of CRF encounter). The scenes play out with the present side of the conversation speaking all their lines as normal.

If there's not some faulty interaction here, any clues about why these NPCs are missing and yet the dialogue plays out anyway?

• 7 months later...

Just a quick thing. This mod requires The Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch as a Master. However, the STEP wiki recommends installing the Unofficial Patches for each version (skyrim, dawnguard, hearthfire, dragonborn) separately. Since I'm new to modding, I decided to follow STEP carefully, but realized this issue when trying to create the Bashed Patch.

I believe I must remove the unofficial patches I mentioned (leaving only the Unofficial HiRes Texture) and install the Legendary Edition instead. And then put it right under the last DLC in the priority order. Am I right? If this is correct, it would be nice to change that initial part of the STEP Guide, so that other less experienced users like me don't run into this problem.

Edited by henriquerpc

Correct regarding positioning of USLEP, if you just wanted to use Cutting Room Floor, but lack of the old patches will cause other major issues (such as dependencies with the STEP patches). You can't run the old patches and the new Legendary Edition patch at the same time, either.

I advise to wait 2 or 3 days...a new STEP version will probably be released by then which should solve everything.

• +1 1

Hmm I see.. installing the older version of Cutting Room Floor (v1.1.7) would create any issues? If not, I would do it and proceed with the rest of the STEP guide.

I've spent a while learning and implementing everything, that's why I would rather finish this soon, even if a new version of the guide is due to be released in the coming days. I want to come back to the game only after completing the STEP: Core! :P