Cutting Room Floor (by Arthmoor)

torminater

• 2 weeks later...

Clipping issue confirmed.

Just ignore that body stump in the foreground, that belongs to another bug (Enhanced Camera?) I try to solve and only occurs during the intro scene. Probably not connected to STEP itself as I first noticed it after installing Live another Life and the first mods of REGS (back then it only happened when getting off the cart) and it got worse after finishing the REGS installation (see screenshot).

unbenanntdyywb.png

I'm using the STEP Extended Patch and haven't had any issues choosing it from the Compilation installer, thereby assuming everything was right.

Yes, I was installing REGS on top of it so it could also be Interesting NPCs or Inconsequential NPCs (don't know if they change clothing?!) but it appears as Starfield got a pure STEP installation.

I've checked the ID of long sleeved Ralof via console, it is 0002bf9e. TES5Edit tells me it refers to RalofRef and Skyrim.esm only.

What should we do to further investigate the long sleeved clipping thingy?!

Edited by elwaps

Ralof uses the MQ101StormcloakPrisonerOutfit [OTFT:000FE535], which is changed by CRF to use a leveled list (CRFArmorStormcloakCuirass [LVLI:0302D151]) in place of the regular ArmorStormcloakCuirass item.

The CRFArmorStormcloakCuirass leveled list includes two items: ArmorStormcloakCuirass [ARMO:000A6D7B] and ArmorStormcloakCuirassSleeves [ARMO:000AD5A0].  This means that with CRF installed there will be a 50% chance that Ralof will be wearing the version with sleeves instead of the regular stormcloak cuirass.  

I am looking at just CRF, though.  I did not compare the records on a full STEP install, so I'm not sure whether STEP is using another mod that might overwrite this change and therefore explain why Tech and Shariss haven't seen the sleeved version (other than perhaps they've just been extremely lucky?).

• +1 2

Deleting the issue from my bugs-yet-to-be-fixed list then, thank you. If I had to choose between a 50% change of minor clipping during the intro scene I rarely use when starting a new game and having the awesome content of CRF in my game the choice is easy. I'd bet this wouldn't even be noticed by first time players as the intro is full of minor bugs anyway: the carts not driving smoothly, flickering shadows (without ENB), the female priest continuing her prayer for some seconds after being interrupted, the mini camera glitch when leaving the cart, the beheaded guy being put aside in slow motion,...