HiAlgoBoost FPS Performance Accelerator with ENB support

Okay, I actually tested this (though I uninstalled RCRN and my enb shadows stuff). It only reduces quality when you turn. On my screen (and with my bad eyesight!), when I turn, the world is already blurred until I stop turning (unless i do so slowly, of course). With that in mind, the reduction of quality wasn't even noticed by me during the turning since I don't see everything crystal clear anyway.

There is a brief moment after you stop that you might catch the change back if you are close to something though. I really did help my fps (which is amazing since I need it). That said, this mod would probably be most useful during a fight when there is a lot of movement going on since that's where fps will drop (and this will partly counteract that drop). I only fought the Helgen people during the beginning and I didn't see any issues like a 90's looking blocky face.

There is only 1 thing that annoys me. There is a watermark of the mod's name in the top right corner. I'm sure it could be removed via the ini, but I didn't look in that at all (which, incidentally is also where you'd make enb series work with this. But I believe only 1 can be used, so either RCRN or enb, unless proxy allows for several proxies.

There is only 1 thing that annoys me. There is a watermark of the mod's name in the top right corner. I'm sure it could be removed via the ini, but I didn't look in that at all (which, incidentally is also where you'd make enb series work with this. But I believe only 1 can be used, so either RCRN or enb, unless proxy allows for several proxies.

You can use the WrapperVersion of ENB if you are needing the proxy for other mods. Just requires remembering to start the ENBInjector.exe before starting the game.

I mentioned this a couple of days ago in this thread. He has said that the next version should remove the on screen icon (in some ways I think it was there just to indicate if the mod was working/installed correctly).

Also he speaks about using a Proxy function in the HiAlgoBoost.ini file as an alternative (I think?) to the enbseries.ini.

He has also been asked to have an option to set the minimum level for the resolution reduction. At the moment it reduces from the original value using a algorithm that could take it as low as 640x420, then stretches that image back to the original screen resolution. Hence the possibility of a very poor image temporarily. Not everyone needs that level of function so setting a min resolution to reach will be a great benefit.

Originally this was designed to help people play on very limited systems like older laptops and from the forum posts has worked wonders for some folks. From a STEP point of view (as we are trying to beautify the game beyond vanilla levels) it would probably not be something to be recommended, but there will always be circumstances where it could save the day for some people.

It's a very clever idea and the guy seems to know his stuff. There was some issues earlier about whether he was planning to release it as a paid for product - there was a 30 minute time limit and he called the beta a 'trial' - but that may have been non-native english error.

I tried it out for 5min. Changed the ini to make sure the changes would be as minimal as possible, yet even then it was a MASSIVE change whenever I was moving, not just turning. Didn't seem to be compatible with the injector version of ENB I guess cause it turned off everything with ENB etc aswell even when changing the ENB value to true in ini aswell etc etc. Didn't like it one bit ;(

Okay, there I'd say use the Reduced Textures before you even try that one! Vond, I left everything at default and my did not change unless I turned. I ran around so much running into away from and beside wall trying to see if I could notice a change, but nothing unless I turned. My screen res is lower than yours so that may contribute to why I don't see the big changes you do. I also play on Medium settings, but I don't think that affects textures since it still sets textures to high, but that could be it too.

Hey guys.

1) HiAlgoBoost works with (accelerates) ENB mods. It was tested. It is not "one or the other"

2) Whatever you do, do not call ENB from HiAlgoBoost.ini! It should be the other way around.

I have posted instructions how to do it several times on skyrim nexus forums, and also on bethesda softworks forum. To make it short - you need to make changes in ENB's ini file.

Good luck!

Thanks for you comments,

1) I saw some people report this bug (with mismatched shadows) - but haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Will be working on that. What you can try in the meantime is to use it with ENB. The ENB mods enforce a "compatibility rendering mode" in Skyrim - which is a bit slower, but more compatible across platforms - so this may fix the shadow bug. BUT !!! Remember to disable FRAMERATE LIMITING in ENB - it kind'a defeats the entire purpose... Also - you don't have to use the GPU-heavy ENB with all the effects - just using his "patch" version is enough.

2) For people with acute eyesight use the MODERATE_REDUCTION flag.

3) There is also a parameter for "resolution restoration speed" - it goes from 0 to 3 (it is 2 by default). It controls the speed at which resolution restores to normal after motion ends. Try reducing it if you see resolution transient "after-effects".

HiAlgoBoost: As I mentioned, I use the Injector version of ENB, ie not the d3d9.dll. That means I don't call for proxy via enbseries.ini, but rather leave the other mod called d3d9.dll (in this case, yours) to load it as the dll ENB uses is called enbseries.dll and is injected into Skyrim via the ENBInjector.exe. It did not seem to be compatible with that way of using ENB sadly, and I can't go back to using the wrapper (d3d9.dll) version due to 3rd party programs. :)

I posted this in the bethsoft forums as well, but I thought I'd put it here as well:

Alright, I tried it with another enb mod. I put this one as proxy in it, and I made Script dragon a proxy in your ini. So everything should be set up correctly now. This time, I have the glitchy fog again. I also have the lighting issues again, with a screenshots.

Without Algoboost

With Algoboost

The aura effect has been fixed, but now shadows are a problem again. My first attempt at the mod had an enb and it too had lighting issues. My second time I removed the enb, but had the aura issue. This time, with enb, I had lighting issues but no aura.

I'm guessing that the enb affects how this mod touches shadows (and lighting). I'm going to remove my enb this time and try it with just the Hialgoboost to see if I get the auras again...

EDIT: okay I've done that. The fog is fixed without enb. The lighting and shadows are fixed again as well, but the aura has returned (as well as the artifacting screen edges).

@Vond: Rename my d3d9.dll to d3d9_hialgo.dll, and call it from enbseries.ini - this should(?) work. What 3rd party software? Overwolf? :)

@Spiffyman: I tested with Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics Vision ENB - good performance by Sharpshooter8. Which one are you using?