HiAlgoBoost FPS Performance Accelerator with ENB support

=============================================================

Updated to version 2.0:

- Major update, completely revamped engine

- Framerate drop in static scenes is eliminated (down to 2-3fps)

- Improved responsiveness, decreased lag

- Optimized for image quality

- Flexible configurable of quality vs performance

- Support for ENB, ScriptDragon, SkyUI, Dawnguard, all "Creation Kit" mods, etc.

- Supported Skyrim versions: 1.7, 1.8beta (these are the latest versions)

=============================================================

• 1 year later...

So this utility is now on version 2.3c, and as I didn't even know about it until recently, I wanted to bump this thread from 2012 for people's enjoyment (and my immense curiosity on how well it actually works). You may download the utility off of Nexus here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15123/?

Note that if people's responses in this thread turn you off, they mostly have to do with Optimus users, and Optimus users are rather problematic with Skyrim anyway.

I remember trying out the switch but found it just too annoying.. when playing on larger monitors you really notice drops to lower resolutions quite a bit. 

Also since it apparently still does not have proper support for the latest ENB versions then it is just not attractive at all... ENB offers too much in comparison. 

Some people seem to make it work if only ENBoost is active however... which is something I guess. But well if you want parallax or shadow fixes as well then you need the graphics part and then its a no go from what I understand. 

• 5 weeks later...

It's not HiAlgo's fault, it's the ENB guy being a diva  graphics purist, disliking the HiAlgo concept on principle, and deliberately declining to accommodate it after ENB 240.  I had a discussion with him about it on his forum, arguing it would be a cool thing for those of us with lesser rigs if he could make ENB play nice with HiAlgo again, like it used to.  He just wouldn't budge.

Which is quite sad.  Before the incompatibility, on my first run-through with Skyrim, it was glorious that I could run the then-best ENB to have the eyecandy when just enjoying the scenery, but also have slick combat with the barely-noticeable (in the heat of combat) resolution shift when the mouse is fast-moving. 

It was absolute genius. 

Sadly, it's no longer possible.

Edited by gurugeorge
  • +1 2

Those HiAlgo guys are really smart. They even have a couple other technologies that the started working on. I believe they've turned their tech into an actual company and have worked with some gaming companies to to utilize the stuff they do in game engines. I read a cool interview with the main guy, he used to answer questions here a long time ago. Back when guys like Monty and friyland were running things.

It is nobodies fault really.... ENB development is going on way, and Hialgoboost another. You have to remember that the ENB dev is doing it all solo and on his spare time only... so if he does not want to spend a bucket load of time making it compatible with 3rd party app A-Z then I can understand that entirely. 

That said then yeah Boris is quite... direct when he dislikes something and quite closed minded about his stuff, which I guess somewhere is a bit sad, but I can understand why he does it. 

That said then I have seen some similar technology applied in more recent titles, dunno if it is based on their work... but in general it seems to be used more. The same goes for post processing. More and more games now come with several different profiles that people can chose from. Still a step away from just having an editor to let people tweak but a step in the right direction.