ESO beta

mothergoose729

So as some of you may know, the elderscrolls is going online with an MMO style game based on the ES world. A while ago they were having beta sign ups, and I got in on the beta for this weekend! 

For those that haven't been following this you can visit their website. They are still excepting beta applications if you want to try and get in on the fun. 

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

If anybody else got a beta invite for this weekend let me know. We might be able to meet up and game together :). 

For those that are interested, I plan to take lots of screenshots and maybe do a video and live streaming session this weekend. If all goes well I will try and stream on twitch.tv between the hours of 12-3pm this sunday, PST. If I can get everything together I might stream saturday, but no promises. There will be lots of screenshots and I will try and do a write up next week. 

EDIT: My twitch account

Just want to tell you that you aren't allowed to take screenshots or videos or stream the beta. It is still in a Closed Beta status and under NDA. The only thing you are allowed to tell people is that you are in the beta, you are not allowed to discuss any portion of the game. You can't even tell someone the name of a creature you killed.

I found the NDA online for reviewers. I will assume it all applies to me. According to that NDA I am not suppose to even let on I am in the beta, but I doubt that applies for beta applicants. Either way, cats out of the bag now :p. It is pretty clear about the intellectual property rights, which you were right raptor about screenshots and videos. I can express my opinion about the game at least, so long as I don't include intellectual property in it, so I plan to do that. So for a wall of nonspecific text, come back on monday!

Yeah, mothergoose can't keep us updated. If they found out he is sharing information about it they could, at minimum, kick him out of the beta and at worse, sue him. You're not allowed to share info from Betas. I didn't sign up for this one unfortunately. I was in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta for a good long time. I wasn't allow to share anything either. Had to consent to a huge terms and conditions letter before they'd let me in.

Enjoy the beta Mothergoose!

I found the NDA online for reviewers. I will assume it all applies to me. According to that NDA I am not suppose to even let on I am in the beta' date=' but I doubt that applies for beta applicants. Either way, cats out of the bag now :p. It is pretty clear about the intellectual property rights, which you were right raptor about screenshots and videos. I can express my opinion about the game at least, so long as I don't include intellectual property in it, so I plan to do that. So for a wall of nonspecific text, come back on monday![/quote']

Have fun playing it! I'll be playing this weekend as well! And yes you can of course tell people about your opinion you just have to be general like "the combat was fun" or "the combat was not fun" :p. or "I had to kill 30 [redacted] and that was boring!"

I'll be juggling time with my Xbox One and the Beta this weekend. We'll see how it goes!

Seriously ?

Ignoring any A > B < PC debate, bottom line is it's your choice.

I mean, your console is not going anywhere and will be there after weekend is over.

ESO Beta will not be there after weekend.

If I cared about this MMO (Not right thread for why I don't) then new console would have to wait until weekend was over.

hmm' date=' I'll be trying to make an account with my usual name. deathneko11. and I'll be on the 2nd day unfortunately, I have another 24hour shift on opening day T_T[/quote']

then

Decided not to bother with ESO myself. For selfish reasons I'll wait for TES6 before touching another TES game.

That include Beta as first post implied you had invite for this weekend?