Shadow Striping Fix (by forum42087)

frihyland

I really loved the interview Todd Howard did at E3 before skyrim launch and he was saying how the built an all new engine. Then the game launched and this all new engine was only DX9. That would be a nice DLC to upgrade the game to at least DX10. Crysis 2 had post launch support for DX11 rendering. They don't always have to give us a brand new bike if the old one gets new bells and whistles.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really loved the interview Todd Howard did at E3 before skyrim launch and he was saying how the built an all new engine. Then the game launched and this all new engine was only DX9. That would be a nice DLC to upgrade the game to at least DX10. Crysis 2 had post launch support for DX11 rendering. They don't always have to give us a brand new bike if the old one gets new bells and whistles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but upgrading the engine from DirectX 10 to DirectX 11 is much easier than from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11.

And Crysis 2 was supposed to support Dx11 at launch, but it was later, because the devs couldn't keep up with the schedule.

Nonetheless, DirectX 9 games can look great, take The Witcher 2 for example.

By time TES 6 rolls around you may only be able to get 64 bit PCs. It will take a good 5-6 years before the next game' date=' especially with a TES MMO coming. Do you think Windows 10 will even have x32 support? By that time x32 will be only exist on phones.[/quote']

Yes, I think Windows 10 will most definitely have x86 support. I don't see that going anywhere until a whole new architecture rolls out.

That most will move on to 64-bit applications by then is a given, but that doesn't change much on the whole.

With the importance of xbox/ps3 to Bethesda it might matter a lot more when these move to a 64bit OS. Until then I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda keeps bandaiding their game engine to work in Windows without necessarily using the real capabilities of a 64 bit OS.

Shadow Striping Fix Indoor and Outdoor is available again; it also had some problems. The author posted a repaired version yesterday.

• 1 year later...