rootsrat

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The sack meshes seem to alter the hitbox in a way that makes it a lot more difficult to loot a specific sack when they are placed closed together (as they often are). This could be my imagination though, or maybe just a problem on my end.

Also, this is more a matter of taste, but the sack animation looks pretty unconvincing to me, like the sacks are made of a rubber/elastic material rather than cloth. It looks out of place to me.

Another issue is that it makes looting these containers take a couple seconds, which may not seem like a big deal... however, sacks generally contain poor loot individually but a lot of times there are a bunch of them in one room so collectively they can constitute a decent haul. But the animation times also add up, to the point where a player may ask themselves how much they really want those alchemy supplies. The gameplay impact can actually be kind of significant. Animations on chests, furniture and doors aren't really an issue because they're more spread out so interacting with those objects never feels onerous.

For these reasons I've also decided to disable the sack animations.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else actually find this takes away from their experience? It takes ages for the menu to load since you now have to watch the animation first. Drives me insane. I'll be leaving this out of future installs. Looting piles of sacks or barrels are a nightmare.

I hadn't thought about this mod before until I saw it mentioned here. Yes, it is nice to see the animation effects on barrels and chests. I agree the "stretching" sack animation looks a bit odd, and the "hitbox" for sacks seems to be off for me also. But after a while the novelty of the added animation wears off and it just gets in the way and slows down interaction with containers. So I will probably disable the mod too.

While I love the barrel animation and being able to (partially) see the barrel interior, I have to agree regarding the sack animation.  It just doesn't look convincing and I'm sure it takes longer to run than the barrel animation.

However, if you run Quick Loot in addition to Animated Clutter, you don't have the animation delay before you can loot, although the animation still plays. (EDIT: And time doesn't stop either.)

Ideally I'd leave out the sack animation entirely.