Night Vision is not working with ENB

flvinny521

Question

I've run into what seems to be a bug with Requiem (possibly a conflict with ENB?). I've just started a mage character, and when using the nightvision spell, nothing seems to happen. I've tried single-casting it as well as empowering it, and I get casting animation and sounds effects, but all that happens is the edges of my screen just get a little blurry. Is this an indication that I've installed it incorrectly or is my ENB profile just disabling that visual effect?

Edit - Switched my search query and confirmed that it is an ENB conflict. I found advice on correcting it so I'll try that...

13 answers to this question

Using predator vision allowed for ingame saturation and brightness tweaking.

But yes most ENB presets are based on the default files, which have some easy adjustments to enable NV.

APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION on will always fix it. If it is in fact in the preset.

What I meant was that if you use predator vision, and you have NV working in the ENB preset, then you do not need to compensate for the color degradation in the enbeffect.fx file, you can simply do this from ingame.

The commands required to make NV work will make predator visions changes work in all cases.

It should be worth noting though, that enabling that setting (APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION) could alter the lighting in (usually) subtle ways, especially if you're using overhauls like Climates of Tamriel and ELFX.

I was running those two, along with Realvision ENB, and Night Vision wasn't working, as per the OP. When I enabled APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION, it also enabled things like the in-game HDR (when you look at the sky, then the floor, the floor is dark then gradually gets lighter). This is not a desirable effect, as it defeats some of the point of having the ENB and these lighting mods in the first place (atmosphere) as it often lightens areas that should be dark.

I think, but never thoroughly checked, that the 'Predator' part of the Predator Vision mod will work without APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION enabled (that's the one which gives living creatures a heat trail).

I'm using Project ENB - Realistic and I find that NV works well outside.  I have my nights so to almost pitch black, but with RnD I'm usually ASLEEP during the night which is what a true immersionist SHOULD be doing.  :P

But in dungeons, pubs, and houses NV doesn't work very well for me for some reason.  Probably because I'm using RLO for all internal lighting.  But for me that's exactly the way I want it because dungeons are supposed to be HARD and want to be forced to use my wearable lanterns to make my way through.  And since I'm sleeping during the night I don't care if NV doesn't work in pubs and houses.

Yes... just be aware that it is not just simple copy paste of a file... the enbeffect.fx file is unique for each preset. 

You will need to copy in the proper code to your own to make it work on that.... 

in general the only line you would ever need is the following added near the top of the pixel shader 

color.xyz *= _c3.w; 

and voila NV will always work.