RCRN AE -- HDR Lighting and Weather Enhancement

Neovalen

I will say it isn't friendly on extremely low-end computers when FXAA is turned on, although it certainly looks much prettier. RLO still seems to be the best for low-end computers. Still testing. The FXAA reminds me a lot of preset 4 for the FXAA post process injector, but is improved more so than it from what I could see. Still, I cannot be running around Skyrim on 6 fps ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cracked open rcrnShaders.esp in TES5Edit and noticed quite a few conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.  rcrnShaders.esp appears to use 0.000000 for XCLW - Water Height.  What are your thoughts about updating these to match the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp or Skyrim.esm?

Noticed some other conflicts with:

XCMO - Music Type

XEZN - Encounter Zone

FULL - Name

XCCM - Sky/Weather from RegionCell\000A9194 has no value

Other areas have values that match Skyrim.esm but not the values changed by Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Some areas have custom values from rcrn so assume those are intended

Some missing items from Dawnguard.esm inlcude:

RDSA - Sounds

XCLR - Regions in Worldspace Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003c]

Would it be okay or beneficial to create a custom patch for some or all of these conflicts?

Most of the conflicts are minor, however some would in my opinion need to be patched. Going over them in detail. 

XCMO - Music type: These control which music is played in a given location. Some locations in vanilla have some odd music playing, this fixes that. It is a minor thing that you only notice if you well ... listen to the music. 

XEZN - Encounter Zone: These help control spawning and re-spawning of items, they are vital since otherwise you can get some weird bugs in relation to what items appear. Of course this sort of thing you only notice if you return to the area several times. 

FULL - Name: These are minor things, that control the name shown when you enter said location. Some areas have small typos in their names. These fix that. 

XCCM - Sky/Weather: They decide which region is used, and hence which subset of weathers... Since RCRN is part weather overhaul, we have to assume that they have this under control, and their changes should be allowed to win in all cases. So no patch should be required unless you have a mod that also alters these after its .esp. 

RDSA - Sounds: If you do not add the sound, then it will not play in the region. Specifically this sound has to do with Eclipses which is something you can do as a vampire lord as I recall. I would just forward it, since it would not ruin anything RCRN have made. 

XCLR - Regions: Again since RCRN is part weather overhaul, we have to assume they have tweaked this so it fits their mod, and hence their changes should take precedence. 

Hope that clears up a few details in that regard. 

I will say it isn't friendly on extremely low-end computers when FXAA is turned on' date=' although it certainly looks much prettier. RLO still seems to be the best for low-end computers. Still testing. The FXAA reminds me a lot of preset 4 for the FXAA post process injector, but is improved more so than it from what I could see. Still, I cannot be running around Skyrim on 6 fps ;)[/quote']

Curious... What is your CPU, RAM, GPU and VRAM in your low-end system. I'd like to compare it to the one I'm on now.

I personally have been waiting for this to be finished for a long time. I liked the last version 3.6 and ran it alongside TC's RCRN Plus. I got dark nights and scary dungeons and a game that looked so much better with it than without it. I also tried every other lighting mod out there, but this generally won out because it looked great and worked well and cut down on the number of plugins. When I upgraded my system suddenly the world of ENB opened up and I really enjoyed those frame rates. So now, well many of you know what I am using for lighting and weathers, and there are some exciting things in the pipeline to do with CoT and ENB going on so that is not going away for me.

I downloaded AE as soon as it was available, even did a little Beta testing earlier in the year, the kinds of things that alaa and co were working on and trying to get working were both ambitious and ultimately brilliant if they could pull it off. I can't say the wait hasn't been frustrating at times, just when I thought they were getting there, suddenly the team was off up a volcano somewhere, "sheesh!" (PP / SM quote). Is that overkill or passion?

I hate hard sell as much as anyone but when I look at the RCRN site what I see is passion and perhaps pride but not undeserved because this mod has been a labour of love for a long time. So I am going to try it hopefully I will have time tomorrow to install it into a new profile. If it looks great in my game then I will want to keep it, compatibility wasn't much of a problem in the past so hopefully isn't now. If it doesn't look as good in my game then of course I wont use it. I doff my hat to the RCRN team anyway because they come across as passionate about the mod and passionate about helping people use their mod as well as seeking to continue to improve it - and well, that attitude impresses me.

:)

I will say it isn't friendly on extremely low-end computers when FXAA is turned on' date=' although it certainly looks much prettier. RLO still seems to be the best for low-end computers. Still testing. The FXAA reminds me a lot of preset 4 for the FXAA post process injector' date=' but is improved more so than it from what I could see. Still, I cannot be running around Skyrim on 6 fps ;)[/quote'']

Curious... What is your CPU, RAM, GPU and VRAM in your low-end system. I'd like to compare it to the one I'm on now.

Terrible. LOL. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DoubleYou/SystemSpecs

@Aiyen

Thank you for the reply. It did help me understand some things. I am not sure I understood Alaaa's reply about "DI behavior"? Anyway thank you again.

What are your thoughts about patching the XCLW - Water Height entries? Some of these values are 0.000000 when even Update.esm has them set differently.

TIA

Ah yes I forgot to mention those!

As long as Water Height is either 0.0, default or -2147483648.000000 ... then you are fine! It is part of the Bethesda mysteries why they have three values for the same thing. I have never found a difference between them at least. If anyone has, then I am all ears! :)

I will say it isn't friendly on extremely low-end computers when FXAA is turned on' date=' although it certainly looks much prettier. RLO still seems to be the best for low-end computers. Still testing. The FXAA reminds me a lot of preset 4 for the FXAA post process injector' date=' but is improved more so than it from what I could see. Still, I cannot be running around Skyrim on 6 fps ;)[/quote'']

Terrible. LOL. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DoubleYou/SystemSpecs

Ouch... :><:>

The only thing I wish I had for 3.6 is 'godrays'. I know I could have them but was waiting for RCRN AE to "finish" to go ahead and try to get 'godrays' in my game. So, is there a "NEW" recommended method/ENB that can add godrays and nothing else, giving LITTLE to NO FPS loss?

Thanks,

Jay

Okay since I was quite frankly a jerk inititally regarding this mod (Once again sorry!). I will try to make up for it by helping out in a much more constructive manner! 

Well to the issue at hand! 

By God rays, I assume you mean the Sun Rays that ENB has. 

Reason I ask is because God Rays are not possible with the Skyrim engine. I think the shafts of light between clouds when I hear God Rays. Not the lines of light through trees etc. Might be that it is just me who think of it like that. 

Anyways! This is a tricky one with the latest ENB versions. 

Mainly in order to get RCRN working and looking like intended then you need a few things. 

From a fresh install of ENB then you need to have the following set in the enbseries.ini EFFECTS section. 

UseOriginalPostProcessing=true

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true

EnableSunRays=true

And in the enbeffect.fx file you need to have APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION set to active (remove the // in front). 

This will ensure that all default ingame shaders are working, which is what RCRN relies on. 

Of course do everything else the RCRN help says to get it working properly. Their documentation should help with that so I am not going to go over it. 

However in the latest version 239 of ENB then for some weird reason Sun rays are linked the the SSAO effect requiring it to be on as well. 

Hence the performance drop is always going to be very noticeable. So that will not work for ya. 

However if you can get v.236 it will work just fine. (If you cannot find it then throw me a pm and I will support it for ya! )

I would not suggest lower versions, since the Sun Ray code was different back then, and there was issues with glowing through walls etc. on some drivers. 

Hope that helps, otherwise just let me know! 

Thanks Aiyen! Very good explanation! I will be looking for it (ENB for 'sunrays') after I get some answers from the RCRN and MO teams before I update either of them. Once they are updated and Nexus is working, of course. I know 'godrays' was probably not correct, hence the single quotes. Thanks, "the more you know"!

I purchased a hi end system just for SR and I will only use RCRN with ELFX. Why, cause it's the one that gives me the biggest improvement over vanilla AND allows me to stay at 60fps 99% of the time. I use a gamepad, and I like MY view of the world to be smooth ALL THE TIME in both movement and camera panning. (I am very good with analog sticks, I can 3D RC helicopters).

To me, maintaining 60 FPS is not that big of an issue when using mouse-and-keyboard, as both movement and camera panning are "spastic" already.

Anyway, I want to thank the RCRN team for ALL THEIR EFFORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**One point of advice, please get on the Mod Organizer bandwagon and give us MO users complete and carefully detailed install instructions. I am currently using 3.6 and would like to upgrade, but I am scared.

I have (MO has allowed) 250+ mods and 160+ ESP's (with just 2+ months of learning and modding SR), and I would like to not worry something may go wrong if I update RCRN.

PLEASE RE-ASSURE ME... :)

Thanks,

Jay

(note: I edited these posts for readability due to your answering one of the questions, thanks again Aiyen)

My ESP's load order from BOSS, just for fun:

BOSS
Version 2.1.1

======================================
Summary

Plugin Type Count
Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 159
Unrecognised 1
Inactive 9
All 160

Plugin Message Type Count
Warning 0
Error 1
All 24

* Your masterlist has been updated to revision 7780 (2013-11-28).
* Note: Latest BOSS thread ("http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1472899-relz-boss-for-skyrim/")
* Note: The BOSS team has been overwhelmed with the popularity of submissions of unrecognised plugins from the BOSS Log and the number of outstanding unique submissions. As of 11/2013 we are at over 1000+ plugins to add to the Masterlist. If you are interested in helping to get these plugins added to BOSS's masterlist, please PM Aellis (Bethesda Softworks Forums ("http://forums.bethsoft.com/user/364024-aellis/") or Nexus Mods ("http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showuser=65745/")).
* Note: Your SKSE is up-to-date.
* Note: The order of plugins set by BOSS differs from their order in its masterlist, as one or more of the installed plugins is false-flagged. For more information, see "file:../Docs/BOSS%20Readme.html#appendix-c False-Flagged Plugins".              <<<<<<((((THESE SHOULD BE THE ESP's that I LOCKED in MO for requiem and related & patches, i hope))))>>>>>>>>>

User Rules

Rule Applied Details (if applicable)
Sort "SniSiHunting.esp" after "SniSiDragonbone.esp" ✓
Sort "SniSiGlassBow.esp" after "SniSiDaedric.esp" ✓
Sort "Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp" after "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp" ✓

SKSE Plugins

SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16
SKSE_Elys_AltF4.dll Version: 1.0.0.0
SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll Version: 1.15.1.1
SafetyLoad.dll
nioverride.dll
showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller.dll

Recognised Plugins

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

Dawnguard.esm Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

HearthFires.esm Active
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
Dragonborn.esm Active
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Stats}}

Falskaar.esm Active
Skyrim Project Optimization.esm Active
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm Active
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Active
Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
WinterholdDestruction.esm Active
SMPC.esp Active
HighResTexturePack01.esp  vvvvvv
HighResTexturePack02.esp  >>>>>>>>  ((((((I only deactivate these 3 when I need to go to Dawnstar))))))
HighResTexturePack03.esp  ^^^^^^
Shrine of Talos fix ENG.esp Active
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Active
Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active
Rainbows.esp Active
ADS.esp Active
AOS.esp Active
* Note: See also AOS compatibility patches ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/44541/") page on Nexus.

DragonShoutVoice.esp Active
IHSS.esp Active
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active
AOS_ICS Patch.esp Active
randomthunder.esp Active
mintylightningmod.esp Active
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp Active

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active
BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp Active
Dead Body Collision.esp Active
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp Active
HoldBorderBanners.esp Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-3.esp
* Note: Use only one Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One esp.
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-4.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp Active
ORM-Arvak.esp Active
Point The Way.esp Active
RabbitsPlus.esp Active
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp Active
ShootingStars.esp Active
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp Active

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp Active

Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp Active
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
Footprints.esp Active
Footprints - Ash.esp Active
RaceMenu.esp Active
RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
* Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

RaceMenuOverlays.esp Active
SkyUI.esp Active
iHUD.esp Active
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp Active

ArgonianMercArmor.esp Active
BloodWitchArmor.esp Active
Contractor Armor.esp Active
DaedricWrath-SniperBow.esp Active
DwarvenSniper.esp Active
Elemental Staves.esp Active
Evil MasterMind Armor.esp Active
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp Active
imp_helm.esp Active
imp_helm_imp.esp Active
imp_helm_dawn.esp Active
Knight Of Thorns Armor.esp Active
Mavari Armor.esp Active
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp Active
Raven Witch Armor.esp Active
SilverDragonArmor.esp Active
SniSiGlassBow.esp Active
SniSiDragonbone.esp Active
SniSiHunting.esp Active
SniSiImperial.esp Active
SniSiNordic.esp Active
Thanatos Dragonx.esp Active
TorchArrow-Dawnguard.esp Active
Dr_Bandolier.esp Active

Requiem.esp Active
* Note: Requiem makes a LOT of changes. You may want to consider creating and using a Userlist based on your particular mod loadout.
Requiem - Resources.esp Active
Requiem - Potions Weight.esp Active
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - HearthFires.esp Active
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - Dragonborn.esp Active
Requiem - Falskaar.esp Active
Requiem - Dragonborn.esp Active
Requiem - SIC Patch.esp Active
Requiem - SIC Patch - DLC2.esp Active
Requiem - USKP Patch.esp Active
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch.esp Active
Requiem - HearthFires.esp Active
AOS_Requiem Patch.esp Active
MIDFollowMeCloser.esp Active
RiftenBetterDocks.esp Active
SkyrimChimneysRW.esp Active
SolitudeBetterDocks.esp Active
SolstheimBetterDocks.esp Active
WindhelmBetterDocks.esp Active
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp Active
BlockSparkles.esp Active
AOS_BlockSparkles Patch.esp Active
Differently Ebony.esp Active
DiversePriests.esp Active
DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp
* Error: Bring Out Your Dead.esp is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it.

FalskaarDawnguard.esp Active
Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp Active
SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC and Falskaar.esp Active
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp Active
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp Active
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp Active
ETaC - Complete.esp Active
ETaC - Smelters.esp Active
ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp Active
Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One - Winterhold Destruction Ruins.esp Active
AIMP - Antz in my Pantz.esp Active
Chesko_Step418_SN.esp Active
Evilbass Werewolf Perks.esp Active
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp Active
Evilbass Light and Dark Spells.esp Active
SmartCast_1_0.esp Active
Summon Behemot Dragon.esp Active
* Requires: Behemoth ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17473") meshes, textures

DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp Active
AOS_DCOd Patch.esp Active
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp Active
Soul Gems Differ - NS - E.esp Active
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active
Beards.esp Active
Brows.esp Active
HothFollower.esp Active
HothFollower UFO Patch.esp Active
Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp Active
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp Active
* Note: If this is not newer than v1.3, update to the latest version.

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
* Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16712") for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.

rcrnShaders.esp Active
* Note: Make sure you have bEnableFileSelection=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Launcher].

RCRNvolumetric.esp Active
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
ELFX - Exteriors.esp Active
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp Active
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp Active
WATER.esp Active
WATER Plants.esp Active
WATER DG.esp Active
WATER DB Waves.esp Active
WATER Falskaar.esp Active
AOS_ADS Patch.esp Active
DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp Active
Bashed Patch, 0.esp Active

Unrecognised Plugins

ASG-AWE Patch.esp Active

Just an update to the above issue with sunrays.

Apparently Boris has fixed that bug and it should now be possible to use v.239 as well!

The rest of the advice should still apply to my knowledge however.

Let me know if there are any issues and I will look into them!

Enjoy!

After some careful testing of the RCRN AE install process, I've expanded on DoubleYou's series of steps to install RCRN AE 2.1.4 and get it working with Mod Organizer.

EDIT (16 Jan 2014): Because I have updated my RCRN in Mod Organizer Installation Guide, and the formatting is not as easy to create here in the STEP Forums, I would like to kindly refer everyone to my original thread in the RCRN Community Support Forums where I will maintain the most up-to-date version of the guide.