RCRN AE -- HDR Lighting and Weather Enhancement

Neovalen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet! I've been playing the game recently...sooooo 8)

I have RCRN 3.6 without volumetric fog (BTW: Every day I can't believe it looks as good as it does on my 52in LCD!!!), epsecially indoors with ELFX, TPC, SMIM, Vivid Landscapes, ETAC no inns...

Anyway, I'll get there and I'll tell my story here. I have a 2 year old that terrorizes me when I'm trying to use the keyboard on the couch! :)

Sig; **I use Mod Organizer**

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it! Easier than I thought and.. thank you!

But I have one question:

I have changed many options/combinations in the Customizer to get less washout on bright surfaces, but I can't find a setting/combo that dosn't...say, make the ground surface in the marsh tooooooo bright.

How do I get darker brightness for the light "surfaces" without darkening darker "surfaces"?

I came from RCRN 3.6 and I loved the contrast/brightness of that.

That change in RCRN AE is shocking in this respect and I may go back to RCRN 3.6... as detail is sooooo lost on sunny days.

Anyone? Thanks. :)

I've done it! Easier than I thought and.. thank you!

But I have one question:

I have changed many options/combinations in the Customizer to get less washout on bright surfaces, but I can't find a setting/combo that dosn't...say, make the ground surface in the marsh tooooooo bright.

How do I get darker brightness for the light "surfaces" without darkening darker "surfaces"?

I came from RCRN 3.6 and I loved the contrast/brightness of that.

That change in RCRN AE is shocking in this respect and I may go back to RCRN 3.6... as detail is sooooo lost on sunny days.

Anyone? Thanks. :)

There is no change in ground brightness between 3.6 and AE, something must be wrong at your side.

I'll try and take screenshots. I haven't done that yet. Not sure what button to push. I'll probably have to turn off my Xb360 gamepad for the keyboard to work for screenies, right? Also, I have all the STEP recommended mods like SKSE/SkyUI/Ely's Alt-F4/RCRN :) /ENBoost, ummmmm what else could change the screenshot button??

Anyway, I long for a more detailed explanation of what the new Brightness setting does, and how the other settings might interact with its' settings.

Maybe I will make a thread with screens for comparison... once I figure out how "I" will have to do that. Help?

OH, and I do believe it is installed properly. Everything works and looks like it should/better, but I just get this feeling like it's more overexposed than it used to be... (bloom? I think I have it "down"...if that's possible even, I'm not at my SR PC and can't remember if Bloom can be changed, doh!)

Ok, I took ScreenShot's of one of those "conjurors table" areas outside in bright day light to compare what the different settings do, and each of the 5 pics I took for the different settings for gamma, hdr combos ..including one pic with RCRN "off" (pause button)....... looks the same!

I'm not even going to upload the pics, trust me. The surface of the table is what I concentrated on and no change at all between pics.

The only SS's I can take are with the "print screen" button and they show up in my main skyrim directory as a BMP with a file name like this: enb 2014_02_16 14_10_33_27

It looked the same in game too between the pics, except for when I pressed "pause" to deactivate RCRN, of coarse.

Any ideas?

I even uninstalled enboost "with no gfx" through RCRN and the game was f'd up. FPS went to nothing and the flora were just big black squares.

Afaik there is a problem with Screenshots, RCRN and ENB.

The ENB makes shots BEFORE any PostProcessing is applied. So the should look the same 100%.

You have to disable ENB and take the screenshots with RCRN alone. They "should" be JPEG format in the skyrim folder.

Maybe you have to set screenshot to "true" or "1" in the rcrn.ini file in the /data folder manually and disable screenshots in the skyrim.ini to prevet getting 2 shots of the same scene, one with PP and one without.

The screenshot system of skyrim is horrible to be honest and ENB/Shader suites do their stuff to make it even worse.

Some setups have horrible issues with using the print screen or default steam screenshot button when using any post processing effects.

Also make sure that gGamma=1.0 in the ini´s or this can also influence the screenshots by certain software.

FRAPS is one of the only programs I have experience both personally and from others that always take proper screenshots regardless of settings.

There are others as well but I do not recall their names at this point.

If you are unsure if a program or method is working, then it is rather simple to take two screenshots and then make a histogram compare in either GIMP or Photoshop. If there are any deviations between the two then something is not working properly.