NPC Enchantments Fix (by Dienes)

egocarib

Nexus

A simple SkyProc patcher to fix the fact that followers (and other NPCs) can't benefit from many types of armor enchantments.

For instance, Fortify One-Handed/Two-Handed/Marksman, Fortify Destruction/Other Magic, Fortify Block, etcetera. In vanilla Skyrim, these enchantments have no effect on anyone using them other than the player.

The patcher adds the "PerkSkillBoosts" perk (usually only on the Player) to NPCs, which control these benefits.

A very nice fix IMHO, and to my knowledge, has not been fixed in any other mod before.

I'm inclined to doubt that very many include this fix. However, it's easy enough to test it and get a more concrete answer.

Give your follower a sword, pop open the console, click on them, and type "modav OneHandedMod 20000" or some other such high number. OneHandedMod is what the Fortify One-Handed enchantment modifies, so if they start killing things in one hit after you enter this command, this means they are set up correctly to use enchantments.

• 2 weeks later...

Dienes has been working very actively on updating the SkyProc library on an almost daily basis over in the Beth forums, and seems committed to eventually figuring out this issue, so I would give it some time. It is a very weird error from a coding standpoint so it may take awhile to figure out the source of the problem.

In the meantime, if you still want to use the patcher, you could try adding whichever DLCs (or other plugins) that are producing errors for you to your BlockList.txt for the patcher (for me, it was only the cleaned Dawnguard.esm that caused errors). This way you'd still get the changes applied to the vast majority of Vanilla and modded NPCs/followers, with only a few exceptions.

Could I acheive the same effect by just adding PerkSkillBoosts to selected NPCs using TESS5Edit?  I always find it annoying I can't give enchanted items to my followers - but I don't really care too much whether the odd bandit could make use of such an item (though it would be cool if they could).

I'm having the issue with the record lengths as well, but am having a heck of a time trying to figure out which mod(s) I should be blocking. I'm looking at the debug files, but not seeing a clear answer as to where the problem is coming from.

Can anyone help me out with what to look for in the logs?

As an aside, I do use ASIS (just perk, spell, and potions), Automatic Variants, Dual Sheath Redux, and ReProccer without any issue.