ENB setup: HELP!

torminater

Question

Ok,

so I eventually reached the point I just submitted to my computer.

Somehow ENB does 100%ly not work with my pc, at least not this way.

I followed the instructions as far as there were any.

-> deinstalled every lighting mod I had active and dynavision.

-> installed the newest ENB 0.112 or sth like that. Used the injector version.

-> installed superb ENB RL for testing's sake.

-> loaded up a new game from an inside location and everything seemed alright (although some really bright surfaces) until I exited the room to outside...

-> OMFG! what the hell has happened to skyrim. EVERYTHING is flashing madly. I can't even explain how bad it is. Just imagine every structure blinking on your screen. And, of course I only got 25 FPS. Well that ain't the problem. I rather had a problem with reasoning why everything kept flashing...

Has anyone encountered similar problems?

I'm kinda freaked out right now...

First of all you should try the wrapper version to see if there is any difference with that. I am using it and no problem here. Also, make sure bFloatPointRenderTarget is set to 1 in your Skyrim prefs ini. If not you will have graphical issues with brightness and things of that sort. Also, delete RendererInfo in your Documents/Skyim folder and let the game generate a new one. Let me know if you still have any trouble with it. I'm using this ENB with no trouble and it looks great. We developed this one with the 0.112 KAGE and it works really well so it shouldn't be an issue with that.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17232

Are you using another d3d9.dll besides the one for ENB? If you are you can just rename it and add it to ProxyLibrary in enbseries ini. Mine looks like this using SMAA.

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

Well, finally by reverting all the steps and using vanilla inis I could make ENB work on my rig. Still I can't really say what "broke" ENB. I think some sun shadow update tweaks in Skyrim.ini made the shadows flicker like hell. But well, I don't know. What also annoyed me with ENB is that shadows seem to "move". Not over the ground but it looks as if they were alive and pulsating or sth like that. Quite scary actually. But most of all unrealistic. I'm not playing any Horror Thriller here ;-)

Moving shadows like that doesn't sound like an ENB thing. Boris may get hyper sensitive sometimes but the dude definitely knows his stuff. Which config of ENB did you use, his default one that gets downloaded or someones Preset?

If you have floatpointrendertarget=1 in ini thats a start. What are your bias' in ini's and in inspector. You've shown me before but have they changed at all.

if you don't mind can you list what mods you did have still going with his and also the enbseries ini settings used and injector ini settings.

I used to down on ENB all the time as the "washed out" mod and questioned people who swore by it, then I sat down one day and went line by line over everything and found it was me messing it up. ENB works, and I swear boris is going to bring skyrim further into current gen tech one line at a time it seems.

Well, finally by reverting all the steps and using vanilla inis I could make ENB work on my rig. Still I can't really say what "broke" ENB. I think some sun shadow update tweaks in Skyrim.ini made the shadows flicker like hell. But well, I don't know. What also annoyed me with ENB is that shadows seem to "move". Not over the ground but it looks as if they were alive and pulsating or sth like that. Quite scary actually. But most of all unrealistic. I'm not playing any Horror Thriller here ;-)

I had the same problem with More Dynamic Shadows installed. As soon as I replaced that with the Shadow Striping Fix it worked fine for me.

were you using non power of 2 parameters to your shadow settings in ini? That kind of thing will make your gpu blow a gasket, the math gets exponentially harder. i.e. If you do something like lower a parameter from 2048 too 500 (instead of 512) you can actually be increasing load on your gpu/cpu while decreasing quality. Any parameter (not just shadows) that starts out in power of 2 format by default should probably stay in it when adjusted up or down.

Well I fixed the wrapper crashes by deactivating MSI Afterburner for the record ;-)

I actually only applied the STEP recommended tweaks and my own shadow bias and other minor tweaks since I have a problem with "black circles" on every structure wich is as I found out an outdoor variant of shadow striping caused by sun/moon-light!